Easy crowd pleasing Sriracha Honey Chicken Skillet Nachos. A perfect game day appetizer or snack!
With Cinco de Mayo just around the corner, I wanted to blend a few of our favorite flavors into some tacos (coming Thursday) along with a fun and tasty platter of nachos.
Sriracha is a staple around here so I threw in some Sriracha Honey Chicken that I made in the slow cooker and loaded them up with some yummy toppings. They are sweet, spicy, cheesy and completely addicting!
In addition to the creamy avocado and sour cream, I added tomatoes, red peppers, jalapenos, Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese, black olives, green onions and some cilantro.
They are perfect for sharing and make a tasty addition to any fiesta!
Sriracha Honey Chicken Skillet Nachos
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 3607kcal Calories from fat 1580|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 176g||271%|
|Saturated Fat 59g||295%|
|Dietary Fiber 24g||96%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2-3 tablespoons Sriracha chili sauce (depending how spicy you want it)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs OR chicken breasts if preferred
FOR THE NACHOS
- 1 (13 ounce) bag restaurant-style tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into small chunks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black olive slices
- 2-3 tablespoons sliced pickled jalapenos
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS
- Sour cream
- Sriracha sauce or Sriracha mayo
- Lightly grease 4-5 quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Combine all the ingredients for the sauce into the bottom of the slow cooker. Nestle chicken into the middle of slow cooker and coat with sauce. Cover with lid and cook on low for 3 - 4 hours or high for 1-2 hours. Transfer to cutting board and shred with two forks.
- TO ASSEMBLE
- Coat a 9" cast iron skillet with cooking spray (or line a large 9 ½ x 13 baking sheet with foil or parchment paper). Arrange half of chips onto pan and top with half of shredded chicken, then half of the bell peppers, olives and cheeses. Top with another layer of chips and repeat the toppings.
- Broil or bake at preheated oven at 400 F until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 5-7 minutes. Remove pan from oven and top with pickled jalapenos, green onions and fresh cilantro. Serve with guacamole, sour cream and extra Sriracha sauce, if desired.
I'd love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it #LIFEMADESWEETER or tag me @lifemadesweeter on Instagram!