These Teriyaki Chicken Foil Packets are the perfect easy campfire or weeknight meal. Best of all, they are filled with a sweet and savory Asian glazed chicken, broccoli, edamame, green beans, pineapple and bell peppers. Throw them on the grill or in the oven to cook and serve with some rice or your favorite side dish.
Summer is all about easy meals with minimal clean-up and foil packet dinners are just the solution.
These Teriyaki Chicken Foil Packets are a complete meal that require hardly any effort! The great thing is that you can toss them on the grill while you’re camping or cook them in the oven on a busy weeknight.
We love anything that includes teriyaki sauce and if you do too, here are a few other easy recipes to get you started:
- Chicken Zoodles with Teriyaki Sauce
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
- One Pan Teriyaki Chicken with Vegetables
- One Pot Teriyaki Rice with Chicken
- Baked Teriyaki Salmon
- Teriyaki Salmon Foil Packets
- Beef Zoodles with Teriyaki Sauce
- Teriyaki Shrimp Noodles
- Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Caesar Salad
The best part is how easy these foil packet meals are to customize with your favorite protein or vegetables.
These foil packets are full of a sweet and savory Asian-glazed chicken, broccoli, bell peppers, pineapple, edamame, and green beans. It’s a classic flavor combination that makes for an amazing meal.
Recipe for Teriyaki Chicken Foil Packets
This recipe starts off with a yummy sweet and savory teriyaki sauce. This homemade version requires just a handful of ingredients and is ready in minutes. However, you can totally use your favorite store-bought version in a pinch.
Divide the chicken onto four 18 x 12 sheets of foil (you can also add a layer of parchment paper inside the foil if you prefer using parchment paper instead)
Arrange your favorite veggies around the chicken. Drizzle the chicken and vegetable mixture with teriyaki sauce.
Finally, wrap up in foil and bake or grill to tender perfection. Serve with some rice, quinoa or your favorite sides with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and green onions.
These teriyaki chicken packets are the perfect easy weeknight meal. It’s a super easy way to have a fun and festive Asian-inspired dinner without a lot of clean up!
MAKE-AHEAD AND MEAL PREP TIPS FOR THIS TERIYAKI CHICKEN FOIL PACKETS:
- Delicious for leftovers or make a batch on Sunday meal prep and pack for your weekly school or work lunch bowls
- For easier weekly meal prep – chop all the vegetables ahead of time and store in an airtight container the night before.
- Pack with your favorite side – Jasmine rice, brown rice, cauliflower rice or spiralized vegetables – zoodles – I love using these 3 compartment lunch containers
Teriyaki Chicken Foil Packets (Meal Prep)
These Teriyaki Chicken Foil Packets are filled with a sweet and savory Asian glazed chicken, broccoli, edamame, green beans, pineapple and bell peppers. Throw them on the grill or in the oven to cook and serve with some rice or your favorite side dish.
- Heavy Duty Foil (plus parchment paper if preferred)
- For the foil packets
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup pineapple chunks (optional)
- 1 cup edamame beans, defrosted (optional)
- 3/4 - 1 cup teriyaki sauce, homemade recipe below or your favorite store-bought
- For Meal Prep:
- Lunch Containers
- Your favorite side: quinoa, rice or potatoes
- For the Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/4 cups low sodium soy sauce
- 4-5 tablespoons honey (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil (plus more for drizzling on vegetables)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon grated or ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat or the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut four 18 x 12 inch squares of foil* and lay out on a flat surface.
- If making the Homemade Teriyaki Sauce:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together soy sauce, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, cornstarch and water until combined. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place one chicken breast in the middle of each piece of foil and divide the vegetables evenly into each packet, arranging them around the chicken.
- Drizzle the chicken and vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush teriyaki sauce on both sides of the chicken and vegetables - reserving enough for later.
- Fold the foil over the chicken and seal to close off the packets.
- If cooking on the grill
- Place foil packets onto grill and grill for 7-8 minutes, then flip over and grill for an additional 6-8 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chicken) or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the grill and carefully open the foil packets.
- If cooking in the oven Place foil packets on a baking sheet and cook for 25-30 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through, rotating tray once). Time varies depending on the thickness of the chicken. Remove baking sheet from oven.
- Brush chicken with reserved sauce and top with sesame seeds and green onions (if desired) and serve immediately with quinoa, rice or your favorite side.
- For meal prep Divide chicken and vegetables into lunch containers. Add your favorite side.
*if you prefer using parchment paper instead - you can also cut four 18 x 12 inch parchment paper squares and place them on top of the foil and place the salmon and vegetables on the parchment paper. Then double wrap the packets with the foil layer on the outside.
I'd love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it #LIFEMADESWEETER or tag me @lifemadesweeter on Instagram!
More foil pack meals: