Thai Chicken Flatbread Pizza is the perfect easy weeknight dinner or party appetizer. Best of all, ready in less than 30 minutes and packed with tender rotisserie or leftover chicken, gooey mozzarella, crisp fresh veggies and a sweet and savory peanut sauce.
I am always on the lookout for anything that helps save time in the kitchen on those busy weeknights.
Since chicken is the hubs and kiddos favorite, we usually like to pick up a rotisserie chicken when we are short on time. It makes getting dinner on the table so much easier. Plus, you can’t beat all the different ways you can use it.
That’s why I was so excited when I heard that Trish from Mom On Timeout was writing a cookbook. It’s titled 100 Creative Ways to Use Rotisserie Chicken in Everyday Meals. Such a great resource for busy families!
Recipe for Thai Chicken Flatbread Pizza
This Thai Chicken Flatbread Pizza from Trish’s book was super easy to make and a hit with the family. I added a kick of heat to the savory peanut sauce and it was amazing paired with the gooey mozzarella, shredded carrots, bell peppers and green onions.
We always top our pizzas with some fresh pineapple whenever we can and I also like to throw in some baby spinach for a dose of greens.
Bake about 10 minutes until golden bubbly then garnish with cilantro, and crushed peanuts.
Like all of the recipes in this cookbook, this flatbread pizza is quick and easy to prepare, which is perfect for any busy family.
I can’t wait to cook my way through this book, it’s already got a permanent place in the kitchen.
Thai Chicken Flatbread Pizza
Thai Chicken Flatbread Pizza is the perfect easy weeknight dinner or party appetizer - topped with sweet and savory Asian peanut sauce, tender rotisserie chicken, gooey mozarella and crisp fresh veggies.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 640kcal Calories from fat 378|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 42g||65%|
|Saturated Fat 15g||75%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
- 1/2 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper chili flakes, optional
- 2 to 4 pieces of flatbread or naan
- 1 1/2 cups diced rotisserie or leftover chicken
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 carrot, cut into slivers (or use pre-shredded carrots)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into slivers
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapples, diced
- 1 cup baby spinach,
- chopped peanuts
- fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Combine peanut butter, teriyaki sauce, and red pepper chili flakes in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high for 20-30 seconds and stir until completely combined. Spread half of the peanut butter mixture onto the flatbreads. Then, set aside.
- Add the chicken to the bowl wth the remaining peanut butter mixture and stir evenly to coat.
- Top the flatbreads with about 5 ounces of the cheese. Divide the chicken, carrot, bell pepper, green onions, pineapple, and spinach evenly among the pizzas. Top with the remaining cheese and sprinkle with chopped peanuts, if using.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with additional peanuts and fresh cilantro, if you'd like.
Adapted and reprinted with permission from 100 Creative Ways to Use Rotisserie Chicken
I'd love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it #LIFEMADESWEETER or tag me @lifemadesweeter on Instagram!
More meals using rotisserie chicken:
Crock Pot Salsa Chicken Quinoa Casserole – Diethood
Coconut Curry Chicken – Taste and Tell
Mexican Pizza – Yummy Healthy Easy
Spinach Artichoke French Bread – Belly Full (Very Culinary)