Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars are the perfect cool treat on a hot summer day just like the classic Good Humor Ice Cream popsicles. Best of all, so easy to make with delicious layers of vanilla & strawberry ice cream, a crumbled Golden Oreo topping & no-bake cookie crust. Plus recipe video!
- Cake Batter
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Cookies and Cream
- Black Forest
- Strawberry Cheesecake
- Salted Caramel
- Mint Chocolate – you can have a different one for just about any day of the week!
One of my all-time favorite ice cream from my childhood, were these Good Humor Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars. Anyone else remember them?
They were seriously the best – I could never resist them! They had a bright strawberry center surrounded by vanilla ice cream and a strawberry crumb coating. OMG, so good!
And I’ve been dying to try to recreate them for the longest time!
Last month, I finally had a chance to remake my own homemade version of these nostalgic treats. I made them the same day I made these Lemon Cream Pie Ice Cream Bars and S’mores Ice Cream Bars. (My latest are these Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Bars).
How to Assemble these Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars
(some affiliate links included)
- Start with a no-bake Golden Oreo (or any other vanilla sandwich – they even have these gluten-free ones if needed) cookie crust and press it firmly into a square pan.
- Spread a layer of your favorite vanilla ice cream (homemade or from the store).
- Top with a layer of strawberry sorbet (homemade or from the store). If you can’t find strawberry sorbet, grab some strawberry ice cream and blend it together with a cup of frozen strawberries. Raspberry or even blueberry sorbet would be awesome too!!
- Another layer of vanilla ice cream goes on top
- Finally, sprinkle the strawberry crumbled topping (made with crushed Golden Oreos and powdered freeze-dried strawberries or strawberry flavored gelatin powder) You can find freeze-dried fruit at Target, Trader Joe’s or Amazon HERE.
- Pop the pan into the freezer so they set up and then cut them into little squares.
Cookie and ice cream lovers will be in dessert heaven and you’ll want to make these again and again all . summer . long ♥♥♥