Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars are the perfect cool treat on a hot summer day. Simple & delicious ice cream bars with layers of vanilla & strawberry ice cream with a crumbled Golden Oreo topping & no-bake cookie crust. A fun twist on the classic Good Humor Ice Cream Popsicles.
Out of all the frozen treats I remember from my childhood, one of my favorite ones were these Good Humor Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars.
I could never resist that bright strawberry center surrounded by the creamy vanilla ice cream and strawberry crumb coating and have always wanted to try recreating them.
I made something similar last year —these no-bake Strawberry Shortcake Golden Oreo Truffles still remain a reader favorite but I knew I wanted to try a frozen version next.
- They start off with a no-bake Golden Oreo cookie crust that we just press into a square pan.
- Next we spread a layer of your favorite vanilla ice cream (homemade or from the store).
- A layer of strawberry sorbet (homemade or from the store) gets spread over. If you can’t find strawberry sorbet, you can also use strawberry ice cream and blend it together with a cup of frozen strawberries.
- Top with another layer of vanilla ice cream.
- Sprinkle on the strawberry crumbled topping which is just crushed Golden Oreos mixed together with softened butter and powdered freeze-dried strawberries.
— If you can’t find freeze-dried strawberries, you can also substitute with strawberry flavored gelatin powder. The strawberry crumb topping is soooo good even on its own that you just might want to sprinkle it on everything in sight
- Finally, pop the pan into the freezer so they set up and then cut them into little squares.
Cookie and ice cream lovers will be in dessert heaven and you’ll want to make these again and again all . summer . long ♥♥♥
** Disclosure – This post contains some affiliate links