Cashew Chicken Sheet Pan is an easy all in one meal with all the flavors of the popular Chinese restaurant takeout dish. Best of all, it’s perfect for busy weeknights and simple to customize with paleo friendly options. Plus a recipe video!
This post first appeared on The Recipe Critic.
Sheet Pan meals – I can’t seem to stop making them. They are just too. darn. easy and make clean up a breeze. Life has been kind of busy so sheet pan meals are totally saving us when it comes to dinner.
Our latest favorite – this Cashew Chicken Sheet Pan which is a fun twist on this Healthier Cashew Chicken.
This popular Chinese takeout dish also happens to be one of my son’s favorites. He is crazy about anything with cashews and I love that it’s a great excuse to sneak in those extra veggies.
This Cashew Chicken Sheet Pan starts off with tender juicy chicken that gets coated in a sweet and savory sticky sauce made with just a few ingredients.
If you are following a gluten free or paleo friendly diet, I’ve listed some substitutes that you can use instead:
- gluten free tamari (this is the one I use) or coconut aminos for a paleo version
- hoisin sauce – use a gluten free sauce or you are totally free to make your own paleo-friendly version.
- apple cider vinegar
- honey (use raw for paleo)
- garlic and ginger
It’s a simple weeknight dish and the great thing about this healthier than restaurant dish? There is hardly any active cooking time at all so you’re not slaving away by the stove. J
Plus, you get a generous serving of broccoli and bell peppers so it’s an awesome way to get your family to eat some extra veggies.
Prep this Cashew Chicken ahead of time:
One of the best parts about this dish is how quickly it all comes together…especially if you have everything prepped ahead of time or even the night before.
- Cut the chicken into chunks and place into a zip-top freezer bag in the fridge the night before
- Chop the veggies and place in zip-top bags or resealable containers in the fridge the night before
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce and store in a small glass resealable container in the fridge the night before
- If you plan on serving this with zoodles (paleo), quinoa or steamed rice – those can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge.
- A great Sunday meal prep recipe and leftovers work great for school lunchboxes or work lunch bowls – I use this lunch container
Please note nutritional info is provided from Nutrifox and listed merely as a guide. As always, please verify with a professional resource to ensure accuracy.
More easy dinner ideas:
Hoisin Chicken Sheet Pan