Honey Lemon Salmon baked in foil on one sheet pan is fresh, flavorful and super delicious! Best of all, this recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes with sweet honey, tangy lemon and fresh parsley. The perfect spring or summer weeknight meal! Plus recipe video!
Recipe and photos updated March 2018 from original June 2017 post
Some of my favorites include:
This recipe for Honey Lemon Salmon is our latest favorite. It’s is bright, lemony and makes a light and tasty summer meal. It takes less than 30 minutes to put together and cleanup is a breeze! Best of all, you can either bake it in the oven or grill it for summer cookouts.
Make the salmon alone or roast it with your favorite vegetables. I am a huge asparagus and broccoli fan since they are low carb and full of nutrients. And if you leave out the honey and a low carb sweetener, this meal is totally keto-friendly as well.
RECIPE FOR HONEY LEMON SALMON
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Start off by seasoning the salmon with some salt, black pepper, smoked paprika and chili powder
- Whisk together soy sauce (or gluten free tamari), lemon and honey (low carb sweetener) and drizzle over salmon (Marinating it for at least 15 minutes helps to achieve even more flavor but skip if in a pinch)
- For a complete meal with vegetables, spread sheet pan with asparagus and broccoli florets and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste. For easier clean-up, you can line with parchment paper or foil
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and move the vegetables to the side, making room for the salmon
- Place the salmon in the middle of the sheet pan and slide lemon slices underneath the salmon. Bake until tender and flaky – about 12-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon.
- To seal in the flavors, broil for 3-5 minutes until the ends of the salmon are slightly charred.
- You can also grill this on the barbecue by wrapping the salmon tightly in foil (use a double layer with parchment paper if preferred)
- Sprinkle with more fresh parsley and serve with your favorite sides to make it a complete meal.
This honey lemon salmon is light, tasty and perfect for summer.
- add more chili powder and some red chili flakes if you prefer more heat
- make ahead by slicing the vegetables the night before
Plus, you can make this ahead of time for Sunday meal prep for your work or school lunchboxes.
Divide everything out into lunch containers to enjoy them throughout the week.
- 1 large 1-1/2 - 2 pound salmon fillet or 4 salmon (4-6 ounce) fillets, skin on
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce can substitute with gluten free tamari or coconut aminos for paleo-friendly version
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2-3 Tablespoons honey
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh chopped parsley divided
- lemon slices for garnish
- 1 large bunch asparagus ends trimmed
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (see below for grilling**). Line a baking sheet with a large sheet of parchment paper or heavy-duty aluminum foil. Lay salmon on top and drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Rub paprika and chili powder on salmon and slide lemon slices halfway underneath the salmon, as pictured.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, lemon juice, and honey and drizzle evenly over salmon. Sprinkle with half of the parsley, fold parchment paper or foil sides up to prevent juices from leaking through (does not have to cover salmon). (Let the salmon marinate for at least 15 minutes if you have time.)
- For a complete meal with vegetables (omit this step if not making vegetables) - spread sheet pan with asparagus and broccoli florets and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper, to taste. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and move the vegetables to the side, making room for the salmon. Place the salmon in the middle of the sheet pan and slide lemon slices underneath the salmon. Place another sheet of foil loosely over the salmon
- Bake for 12-16 minutes (depending on how large your fish is), or until the salmon is flaky to your desired doneness but try not overcook. Open the foil and turn oven to broil - cooking for an additional 2-4 minutes, or until caramelized and slightly charred.
- Cut into sections and discard skin and serve immediately with more chopped parsley, season with more salt (if needed) and a splash of lemon juice.
*can use coconut aminos (for paleo) or gluten free tamari as necessary
**To Grill the Salmon: Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Line a baking sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil, then place a slightly smaller sheet of parchment paper on top of the foil (optional if you prefer parchment paper). Place salmon on top and season as instructed above. Seal up the salmon with the foil (and parchment) and place directly onto grill. Grill for 5-6 minutes, then flip over and grill for an additional 3-4 minutes (depending on the thickness of the salmon) or until salmon is flaky.
Remove from the grill and carefully open the foil packets. Cut into sections, discard skin and serve immediately with more chopped parsley, season with more salt (if needed) and a splash of lemon juice.