Honey Lemon Salmon baked in foil on one sheet pan is fresh, flavorful and super delicious! Best of all, this recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes with sweet honey, tangy lemon and fresh parsley. The perfect spring or summer weeknight meal! Plus recipe video!
To stay up to date with my latest posts as soon as I post them, you can follow me on Feedly.
Some of my favorites include:
This recipe for Honey Lemon Salmon is our latest favorite. It’s is bright, lemony and makes a light and tasty summer meal. It takes less than 30 minutes to put together and cleanup is a breeze! Best of all, you can either bake it in the oven or grill it for summer cookouts.
RECIPE FOR HONEY LEMON SALMON
- Start off by seasoning the salmon with some salt, black pepper, smoked paprika and chili powder
- Whisk together soy sauce, lemon and honey and drizzle over salmon (Marinating it for at least 15 minutes helps to achieve even more flavor but skip if in a pinch)
- Slide lemon slices underneath the salmon, wrap with foil (or use parchment paper) and bake until tender and flaky – about 12-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon.
- To seal in the flavors, broil for 3-5 minutes until the ends of the salmon are slightly charred.
- You can also grill this on the barbecue by wrapping the salmon tightly in foil (use a double layer with parchment paper if preferred)
- Sprinkle with more fresh parsley and serve with your favorite sides to make it a complete meal.
Light, tasty and perfect for summer.
Honey Lemon Salmon + VIDEO
Honey Lemon Salmon in foil is made with sweet honey, tangy lemon and fresh parsley. Best of all, can be baked or grilled - fresh, flavorful and perfect for busy weeknights.
- 1 large (1 1/2 - 2 pound) salmon fillet or 4 salmon (4-6 ounce) fillets, skin on
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce*
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, divided
- Lemon slices (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (see below for grilling**). Line a baking sheet with a large sheet of parchment paper or heavy-duty aluminum foil. Lay salmon on top and drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Rub paprika and chili powder on salmon and slide lemon slices halfway underneath the salmon, as pictured.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, lemon juice and honey and drizzle evenly over salmon. Sprinkle with half of the parsley, fold parchment paper or foil sides up to prevent juices from leaking through (does not have to cover salmon). (Let the salmon marinate for at least 15 minutes if you have time.)
- Bake in preheated oven for 13-16 minutes (depending on how large your fish is), or until the salmon is flaky to your desired doneness but try not overcook. Unwrap the salmon, and turn oven to broil - cooking for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until caramelized and slightly charred.
- Cut into sections, discard skin and serve immediately with more chopped parsley, season with more salt (if needed) and a splash of lemon juice.
*can use coconut aminos (for paleo) or gluten free tamari as necessary
**To Grill the Salmon: Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Line a baking sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil, then place a slightly smaller sheet of parchment paper on top of the foil (optional if you prefer parchment paper). Place salmon on top and season as instructed above. Seal up the salmon with the foil (and parchment) and place directly onto grill. Grill for 5-6 minutes, then flip over and grill for an additional 3-4 minutes (depending on the thickness of the salmon) or until salmon is flaky. Remove from the grill and carefully open the foil packets. Cut into sections, discard skin and serve immediately with more chopped parsley, season with more salt (if needed) and a splash of lemon juice.
I'd love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it #LIFEMADESWEETER or tag me @lifemadesweeter on Instagram!