Baked Orange Sesame Salmon in Foil – is the perfect easy and healthy weeknight recipe. Best of all, the salmon is cooked to tender, flaky perfection in just 30 minutes with a flavorful orange sesame glaze.
Plus it’s super tasty and the salmon cooks up to tender, flaky perfection. Tasty enough that even my son who is usually not a seafood lover asks for this instead of heading to his favorite restaurant.
Luckily for him, I make salmon at least twice a week and it’s seriously the best for those crazy weeknights when you’re super tired from a busy day. Plus, you can practically customize it with whatever flavors you have and cleanup a breeze!
Recipe for Baked Orange Sesame Salmon in Foil:
Start off by whisking together the citrus-y sweet and salty glaze. It’s made with honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, orange juice and some fresh ginger and garlic.
Add a smidgen of Sriracha for a kick of spice or you’re free to totally leave that out.
Next, you’re going to pour the delicious glaze over the salmon filet, wrap it up in foil and pop it in the oven! It bakes up perfectly fork tender and full of flavor!
Different cuts of salmon will definitely cook more or less quickly, depending on how thick they are. So keep a close eye on the salmon to be sure that it’s cooked through (and not overcooked). I like mostly cooking the salmon in the sealed foil packet until the last few minutes, when I open it up to let the top get a little crispy. But feel free to grill or bake it however best you prefer.
Serve along with some rice and your favorite veggies and dinner is set!
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 3 Tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons pure orange juice
- 1 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/4 pounds salmon or 4 (5 ounces each salmon fillets)
- fresh chopped cilantro for garnish
- toasted sesame seeds for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, orange juice, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, Sriracha, and pepper, to taste.
- Place salmon fillet, skin side down, on top of the foil. Season with salt and black pepper to taste on both sides. Brush or spoon the glaze over the salmon and slip orange slices underneath. Fold sides of foil and wrap over the salmon
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Switch oven to broil and cook for another 5 minutes until salmon is slightly charred.
- Serve immediately and garnish with fresh cilantro and sesame seeds, if desired.
More salmon recipe:
Baked Salmon with Honey Dijon and Garlic – Table for Two Blog
Ginger Garlic Baked Salmon – Rasa Malaysia
More recipes for Chinese New Year: