Almond Joy Overnight Oats – an easy no cook oatmeal perfect for a healthy breakfast on those busy mornings. Made with chocolate, coconut and almonds just like the classic candy bar!
PIN HERE for later and follow my boards for more recipe ideas
Easy make ahead breakfasts are a regular thing around here.
WHAT ARE OVERNIGHT OATS?
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY ALMOND JOY OVERNIGHT OATS:
- Start by combining rolled or old fashioned oats with your favorite milk and / or coconut or Greek yogurt in a 8 oz. mason jar, resealable container or a bowl. These 7 oz jars are the ones you actually see in the photos and are currently my favorite ones.
- Add chia seeds, maple syrup, cocoa (or cacao) powder, coconut and sliced almonds. Overnight oats are also super versatile so feel free to add any other spices you like.
- Seal or cover with a lid and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with more coconut flakes, slivered almonds and chocolate chips, if desired.
DO I HAVE TO EAT OVERNIGHT OATS COLD OR CAN I HEAT THEM UP?
You can enjoy these almond joy overnight oats both ways. Enjoy them straight from the fridge with more toppings or heat them up in the microwave in a heat-safe bowl or container. Or you can even heat them up in a pot over the stove.
ARE OVERNIGHT OATS VEGAN?
Since overnight oats are easy to customize with whatever milk or sweetener you like, they work great if you are vegan. You can use almond milk, coconut milk or cashew milk and maple syrup, coconut nectar, coconut sugar, or a low carb sweetener.
Almond Joy Overnight Oats - an easy no cook oatmeal perfect for a healthy breakfast on those busy mornings. Made with chocolate, coconut and almonds just like the classic candy bar!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats gluten free as needed
- 2/3 - 3/4 cup almond milk or your favorite milk for a non-vegan version - you can add half milk and half Greek yogurt for creaminess as well
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup honey or low carb liquid sweetener
- 1/2 Tablespoon cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut plus more for topping if desired
- 1 Tablespoon slivered or sliced almonds plus more for topping if desired
- chocolate chips optional for topping
- Add oats, milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, cocoa powder, coconut and almonds. (and sweetener if desired) together in a mason jar, resealable container or a bowl. (If you like your oatmeal more creamier, you can add more milk and less if you like them on the chunkier side - you can also add an extra 2 tablespoons yogurt (dairy free if needed) to make them creamier).
- Shake jar or mix and combine with a spoon. Seal and chill in fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight. Enjoy cold or heat up in the microwave or stove-top.
- Serve with more milk as desired and top with additional coconut, almonds and/or chocolate chips before serving, if desired.