This Asian Zucchini Noodle Salad is the perfect healthy and tasty dish to use up that garden zucchini! Loaded with shredded chicken, sliced veggies, and drizzled with a flavor-packed homemade Thai peanut lime dressing that’s the perfect balance of sweet, spicy, and tangy!
One of my favorite ways to use up that summer garden zucchini is turning them into noodles or oodles of zoodles! If you’re looking for some ideas on some zoodle dishes, these Mongolian Beef Zoodles, Kung Pao Zoodles and Teriyaki Chicken Zoodles are a few of our favorites.
Another dish that happens a lot around here is this Asian Zucchini Noodle Salad with Thai Peanut Lime Dressing. I am completely obsessed with anything with Thai flavors and this salad is full of that signature sweet, spicy, tangy and savory combo.
It’s also light, colorful, crunchy, and a super delicious way to use up some garden zucchini. A summertime favorite and the best part? It comes together quickly and is super easy to customize with your favorite veggies.
ASIAN ZUCCHINI NOODLE SALAD WITH THAI PEANUT LIME DRESSING
In addition to the zucchini noodles, I loaded this salad with:
- red cabbage
- bell pepper
- snap peas
- edamame beans
- Thai basil (feel free to leave out if you can’t find it)
- chopped peanuts
I like my zucchini noodles raw with a slight crunch. But if you prefer them slightly softer, you can sauté them in a pan for 1-2 minutes (NO longer than 2 minutes or they’ll be soggy) with some sesame oil.
Add grilled or rotisserie chicken or shrimp to make it an all in one meal or leave it as is for Meatless Monday.
Everything gets tossed together with a flavor-packed homemade peanut dressing. So simple to whip up plus it’s got the perfect balance of sweet, spicy, tangy and salty.
Just combine some creamy peanut butter, sesame oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, ginger, honey and a little bit of chili garlic sauce (or Sriracha) for that extra kick of heat.
You can totally adjust the amount of chili sauce to your liking or leave it out completely if you’re sensitive to heat.
This recipe appeared first on The Recipe Critic
Asian Zucchini Noodle Salad with Thai Peanut Dressing
- For the dressing
- ¼ cup smooth and creamy peanut butter almond butter or sunflower seed butter work great as well
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons honey or coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce or tamari for gluten free
- 1 garlic clove grated or finely minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1-2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce or Sriracha to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons of hot water to thin out (or more as needed)
- For the salad
- 3 large zucchinis
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 12 sugar snap peas trimmed and strings removed
- ¾ cup matchstick or grated carrots
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame defrosted, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cubed chicken grilled or rotisserie works *can also use grilled shrimp or leave out for meatless version
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh chopped Thai basil leave out if you can't find it
- Chopped peanuts and lime wedges for serving
- Make the dressingWhisk the dressing ingredients together until thoroughly combined (or pulse together until creamy in a food processor). Set aside.
- For the saladUse a spiralizer, vegetable peeler or mandoline to make thin zucchini noodles.
- Add the zucchini noodles to a large bowl and toss together with a quarter of the dressing.**
- Add cabbage, snap peas, carrots, bell pepper, edamame, chicken and half of the cilantro and basil.
- Pour the remainder of the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Top with remaining herbs, chopped peanuts and serve with lime wedges if desired.
**I like my zucchini noodles raw with a slight crunch but if you prefer them slightly softer, you can sauté them in a pan on medium heat for 1-2 minutes (NO longer than 2 minutes) with 1 teaspoon sesame or coconut oil, then chill before combining with other ingredients - can be made ahead of time.
More zucchini recipes: