Low Carb Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Lemon Herb Butter Sauce – seasoned with a fresh and flavorful citrus herb combo for the perfect light and tasty low carb dish for summer parties, lunches and dinners. Best of all, just a few ingredients and only 20 minutes to make.
We use our grill all summer and skewers are one of the things my family can’t get enough of. They are simple to make and cook in no time on the barbecue.
These Low Carb Grilled Shrimp Kebabs are fresh, flavorful and come together quickly. The shrimp kabobs are marinated with some bright lemon and cook up tender, juicy and full of flavor.
Plus, anything served on a stick is always so much more fun to eat. They are great as an appetizer at summer cookout or party or as a lunch or light dinner on your patio.
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB GRILLED SHRIMP SKEWERS WITH LEMON HERB SAUCE:
- Start off by seasoning your shrimp some coarse sea salt, black pepper, fresh chopped oregano, thyme and parsley. If you don’t have fresh, you can substitute with dried and reduce the amount.
- To make the shrimp marinade / sauce, whisk together some lemon juice, melted ghee (or butter for non Paleo) and minced garlic. Add in some more freshly chopped parsley and brush over the shrimp.
HOW LONG DO YOU COOK SHRIMP ON THE BARBECUE?
Shrimp cook very quickly, so you’ll have to watch your shrimp to make sure they don’t overcook. Shrimp typically take about 2-3 minutes per side on the grill. You’ll be able to tell when the shrimp are done because they’ll turn pink and opaque.
WHAT SIZE SHRIMP IS GOOD FOR COOKING ON THE GRILL?
These shrimp are the jumbo-sized shrimp and usually come in a bag of 16-20 per pound. If you can’t find the larger ones, feel free to use what you have on hand instead.
WHAT CAN I SERVE THESE GRILLED LEMON SHRIMP SKEWERS WITH?
Toss a few of these grilled shrimp skewers on a plate with a salad or over a bed of cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles for a low carb / keto dinner.
Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Lemon Herb Butter Sauce - seasoned with a fresh and flavorful citrus herb combo for the perfect light and tasty low carb dish for summer parties, lunches and dinners.
- Olive oil for the grill
- 1 lb about 24 raw jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined, tails on
- Himalayan Pink salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried oregano)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme (or 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley ,plus more for serving, if desired
- Metal or wooden skewers*
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the grill (or grill pan) to medium-high. Using a brush, clean the grill and grease with oil using a long pair of tongs with some folded paper towels dipped in some olive oil.
Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, and 2 teaspoons parsley in a medium bowl. Toss to combine.
Thread the shrimp onto skewers. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes ahead of time to prevent burning and splintering.
In a small bowl, combine the melted ghee (or butter), garlic, lemon juice and another 1 teaspoon parsley together. Brush lemon butter sauce on both sides of shrimp, reserving some for later.
- Grill skewers for 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp is opaque and vegetables are tender or starting to brown just slightly.
- Brush remaining lemon sauce over the shrimp and allow to cook for 10 more seconds.
Remove from heat and serve with some more fresh herbs and lemon wedges, if desired.