Barbecue Chicken Foil Packets are the perfect easy meal for summer. Best of all, they can be baked or grilled with practically no clean-up! Made with tender chicken coated in a sweet and tangy BBQ sauce with your favorite, summer veggies.
With summer in full swing, the last thing most of us want is to be stuck indoors when it’s nice outside.
They are just so darn simple to put together with practically no clean up.
The best part is how easy they are to customize in individual serving sizes.
Recipe for Barbecue Chicken Foil Packets
- Begin with chicken breasts that you coat in a delicious sweet and tangy honey barbecue sauce.
- Add your favorite chopped veggies – I used zucchini, bell peppers, red onion, corn and broccoli.
- Divide the ingredients onto four 18 x 12 sheets of foil (you can also add a layer of parchment paper inside the foil if you prefer using parchment paper instead)
- Seal up the packets and toss onto the grill until the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with some fresh parsley and you’ve got the perfect summer meal!
These BBQ Chicken Foil Packets are an easy, flavor-packed meal with virtually no-clean-up!
This recipe first appeared on The Recipe Critic.
- heavy duty foil plus parchment paper if preferred*
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to even thickness
- seasoned salt I used Lawry's, to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ear of corn kernels removed
- 1 zucchini chopped
- ½ red bell pepper cut into chunks
- ¼ red onion cut into small chunks
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Preheat grill to medium-high heat or the oven to 425 degrees F. Cut four 18 x 12-inch squares of foil* and layout on a flat surface. Place one chicken breast in the middle of each piece of foil and divide the vegetables evenly into each packet. arranging them around the chicken.
- Drizzle the chicken and vegetables with olive oil and season with seasoned salt and pepper to taste.
In a bowl, whisk together the barbecue sauce, honey, vinegar, chili powder, and smoked paprika. Brush sauce on both sides of the chicken, reserving enough for later. Sprinkle with half of the chopped parsley.
- Fold the foil over the chicken and seal to close off the packets.
Place foil packets onto grill and grill for 7-8 minutes, then flip over and grill for an additional 6-8 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chicken) or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the grill and carefully open the foil packets. Brush chicken with reserved sauce and top with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Place foil packets on a baking sheet and cook for 25-35 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through (depends on your oven and how thick the chicken is) and rotating tray once). Time varies depending on the thickness of the chicken. Remove baking sheet from oven. Brush chicken with reserved sauce and top with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
*if you prefer using parchment paper instead - you can also cut four 18 x 12 inch parchment paper squares and place them on top of the foil and place the salmon and vegetables on the parchment paper. Then double wrap the packets with the foil layer on the outside.
More foil pack meals: