Broccoli Quinoa Casserole – the perfect comforting and easy side dish. Best of all, this recipe is packed with broccoli, cheese, quinoa, garlic and Parmesan.
When life gets busy, there’s nothing more comforting and than a cheesy casserole.
This Broccoli Quinoa Casserole is filled with so many good things and the perfect dinner solution for those crazy weeknights. Made with just a few simple pantry ingredients and also great for using up leftovers. All you have to do is prep a few ingredients in the morning and just pop the pan in the oven when you’re ready to serve it.
The best part? It’s super simple to whip up and packed with good for you veggies. Plus, this broccoli quinoa casserole makes a great freezer-friendly meal that you can make ahead of time for Sunday meal prep.
HOW DO YOU MAKE BROCCOLI QUINOA CASSEROLE
- You’re going to start off by heating the cream with some garlic. Whisk in the cream cheese until smooth and thickened. Add the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the quinoa and cheddar cheese. Once the sauce is thickened, toss in the broccoli and spinach to coat.
- Transfer to a 9 x 13 baking pan or casserole dish and sprinkle with shredded cheddar and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until heated through and the top is slightly golden and serve hot.
CAN I ADD PROTEIN TO THIS BROCCOLI QUINOA CASSEROLE?
Yes! This casserole is delicious on its own but feel free to add shredded cooked chicken or turkey to make this a complete meal.
WHAT ELSE CAN I SERVE THIS CASSEROLE WITH?
We make this casserole regularly since it’s a family favorite. It takes hardly any time to whip up and perfect for busy weeknights!
Broccoli Quinoa Casserole - the perfect comforting and easy dinner or side dish. Best of all, this recipe is packed with broccoli, cheese, quinoa, spinach, garlic and Parmesan.
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons unsalted butter can substitute with olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons flour use gluten free as needed
- 1-1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika or to taste
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar divided
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups quinoa
- 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken leave out for vegetarian
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup loosely packed baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a 9x13 baking pan or 2.5-quart casserole dish. Set aside.
Heat butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and stir in flour. Slowly whisk in heavy cream and continue whisking until bubbly and thickened.
Stir in Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, black pepper, cream cheese and 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese and whisk until thickened and smooth.
Stir in chicken broth, quinoa, chicken (if using) followed by broccoli and spinach, then toss to coat. Add more cheese or cream as needed.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 baking pan or 2.5-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheeses and bake for 37-42 minutes or until heated through and the top is lightly golden.
- Serve hot and sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired.
More fall recipes: