Coconut Cardamom Granola is the perfect easy grab and go breakfast or snack. Best of all, it’s gluten free & full of crunchy clusters, nuts & warm spices.
Crunchy homemade granola is one of my favorite snacks to make. You can usually find me whipping up a big batch once a week. It’s super simple and I love switching up the flavors with whatever I have on hand.
Plus, I love that you can make it ahead of time since it stores easily in a mason jar or container for when you need a quick snack. Or serve it up with some yogurt or milk as part of a complete breakfast.
By the way have you guys visited Asha’s blog and instagram account yet? If not, she is the super talented writer and photographer behind Food Fashion Party and everything she makes is sure to make you instantly hungry.
HOW TO MAKE COCONUT CARDAMOM GRANOLA
- Like all my granola recipes, this one is gluten free, refined sugar free, vegan and dairy free. You start off by mixing all the dry ingredients together.
- Next, you melt the coconut oil and maple syrup together and pour over the oats.
- Bake for about an hour and add all your fun mix-ins at the end.
CAN I SUBSTITUTE THE MIX-INS FOR THIS BANANA NUT GRANOLA?
Yes, absolutely! As with any granola recipe, this one can easily be modified with your favorite nuts and seeds.
This recipe calls for sesame seeds and cashews but it would be great with chia seeds, pumpkin seeds or any other nuts you like. We added a touch of cinnamon along with vanilla and my family quickly devoured this batch in no time at all.
Asha’s book has a great mix of classic Indian recipes to suit the American palate and the photography is simply stunning.
And I’m super excited to be able to offer one to give away to one of you guys, my dear readers. Simply visit this Instagram post and follow the prompts! Good luck everyone!
Coconut mixed with warm spices like cinnamon and granola make the most comforting granola recipes. Top on oatmeal, yogurt parfaits, or smoothie bowls for a delicious compliment!
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats gluten free as needed
- 1/2 cup raw sliced almonds
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/3 cup whole cashews optional
- 1/3 cup halved walnuts
- 1/4 cup grated coconut toasted (optional)
- 1/3 cup dried raisins and / or cranberries optional (use refined sugar-free raisins if required)
- 1 cup thick yogurt Greek or Skyre
- 1 pinch saffron
- 2 teaspoons warm milk
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds, sesame seeds, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small heat-safe bowl, combine the maple syrup and coconut oil. Microwave for 20 seconds, or melt in a pot over low heat, until warmed. Stir in vanilla until smooth. Pour the mixture over the oats, stir to coat well.
- Spread granola in an even layer onto a prepared baking sheet and bake for approximately 1 hour, stirring every 10 minutes. In the last 10 minutes of baking, add the cardamom and stir to combine.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Add the nuts, coconut, and dried fruit, if desired.
To make the yogurt, crush the saffron, then mix it into the milk. Let it sit for 10 minutes, then swirl it in the yogurt. Top with granola and a drizzle of maple syrup, if desired.