This easy carrot cake granola recipe is the perfect healthy breakfast or snack. It’s refined sugar free, gluten free and made with grated carrots and warm spices to satisfy any carrot cake craving.
PIN HERE for later and follow my boards for more recipe ideas
Carrot cake is a big favorite at our house, especially around Easter. Once spring rolls around, we can’t help but make carrot cake pancakes, carrot cake oatmeal, carrot cake energy bites and carrot cake cookies.
Have you ever wanted to have a slice of carrot cake for breakfast? This healthy carrot cake granola is just the answer. It has all the warm and cozy flavors of a classic carrot cake but with none of the guilt.
It’s gluten free, refined sugar free and loaded with hearty oats, carrots, coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, pecans and raisins.
And the best part about making your own granola is that you can customize it with whatever ingredients you like. You can make a big batch to snack on its own during the week but it’s also perfect for breakfast in a bowl over yogurt, coconut cream or your favorite milk.
Not only is it delicious and addicting, but it’s also super quick and simple to make with just a few pantry ingredients.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE CARROT CAKE GRANOLA:
The great thing about homemade granola is that you can customize the ingredients with what you have in your pantry. Not a fan of raisins? No problem – just leave them out or add your favorite dried fruit instead.
- gluten free rolled oats
- flaxseed meal
- pecans OR walnuts
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- ground cinnamon
- ground ginger
- maple syrup
- coconut oil
- apple juice
HOW TO MAKE CARROT CAKE GRANOLA
You’re going to start off by lining a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, ground flaxseeds, spices, coconut and nuts.
- Add the maple syrup, coconut oil, apple juice and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined. Fold in the grated carrots.
- Spread mixture out evenly onto lined baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, rotating the pan after 20 minutes. Do not stir as this breaks up the clusters.
- Remove from oven and let sit until cool.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Feel free to add any other mix-ins you have on hand!
This granola has just the right amount of crunch and sweetness and is a must for any carrot cake fan in your life!
Raspberry Double Chocolate Granola
Carrot cake granola makes the perfect healthy snack. Refined sugar-free and made with grated carrots and warm spices to satisfy any carrot cake craving.
- 2-1/2 cups rolled oats use gluten free if necessary
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/3 cup maple syrup , honey or liquid sweetener of choice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil , melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup apple juice , use pure or fresh if trying to keep this refined sugar free
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup carrots , finely grated
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, stir together the oats, ground flaxseeds and spices. Add the maple syrup, coconut oil, apple juice and vanilla extract and mix until thoroughly combined. Fold in the grated carrots.
Spread the mixture out evenly onto lined baking sheet.
Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, rotating the pan after 20 minutes. Do not stir as this breaks up the clusters.
- Remove from oven and let sit until cool.
- Once cool, gently remove from sheet and store in an airtight container.
Carrie @Frugal Foodie Mama -
Oh wow! I love this recipe, Kelly! 🙂 I have been looking for healthier (yet yummy!) options for breakfast and this recipe just made my short list. Pinned.
Yay, another delicious recipe using grated carrots, you’re amazing, Kelly! I’ve never used grated carrots in my oatmeal, but that sounds so yummy!
The Squishy Monster -
I could definitely eat oatmeal everyday if it were like this! Congrats for the bun in the oven!! How sweet of all the girls =)
Consuelo @ Honey & Figs -
OH YES! Breakfast is definitely my favorite part of the day. I’m known to have some leftover cake more often than I should but shhhh it’s good for the soul so I guess it’s all fine?? ;–) This looks simply delicious and perfect fr this time of the year indeed.
Also, I really hope that everything’s going perfect for you and your lovely family! xx