Carrot cake granola makes the perfect healthy breakfast or snack. Best of all, it’s refined sugar free, gluten free and made with grated carrots and warm spices to satisfy any carrot cake craving.
This Carrot Cake Granola is a fun twist on our favorite granola. It’s got all the favorite flavors of carrot cake and just a healthier way to curb that carrot cake craving.
HOW TO MAKE CARROT CAKE GRANOLA
You start off with some gluten free oats, shredded coconut and coconut oil. This healthy granola has no refined sugar since the carrots add a natural sweetness.
Instead, you only need to add a touch of maple syrup (coconut sugar or honey work as well).
For some crunch, toss in chopped pecans and shredded coconut along with any other fun mix-ins you have on hand!
This granola has just the right amount of crunch and sweetness and is a must for any carrot cake fan in your life!
Carrot cake granola makes the perfect healthy snack. Refined sugar-free and made with grated carrots and warm spices to satisfy any carrot cake craving.
- 2-1/2 cups rolled oats use gluten free if necessary
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 3/4 cup carrots finely grated
- 1/4 cup apple juice use pure or fresh if trying to keep this refined sugar free
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine the wet ingredients, minus the grated carrots.
- Heat the wet ingredients in the microwave for about 1 minute until hot, but not boiling. Stir in the grated carrots.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Spread mixture out evenly onto lined baking sheets. With your fingertips, go through and quickly “pinch” clusters into the mixture.
- Cook in preheated oven for 40 minutes, rotating the pan after 20 minutes. Do not stir as this breaks up the clusters.
- Remove from oven and let sit until cool.
- Once cool, gently remove from sheet and store in an airtight container.
Craving more carrot cake?