Carrot Cake Energy Bites are a delicious and healthy breakfast or afternoon snack. Made with wholesome pantry ingredients and perfect for on the go or after a workout. Gluten free and refined sugar free.
PIN HERE for later and follow my boards for more recipe ideas
Energy bites and energy balls are one of our favorite healthy snacks to make. They come together in less than 10 minutes which just a few simple pantry ingredients. Plus, since they’re no bake, you don’t even need to turn on the oven which makes them the perfect recipe all year long!
A few of our favorite energy bites we make over and over include:
- 5 Ingredient Energy Bites
- Almond Joy Energy Bites
- Apple Cinnamon Energy Bites
- Apricot Energy Bites
- Banana Nut Energy Bites
- Coconut Energy Bites
- Cranberry Energy Bites
- No Bake Lemon Coconut Energy Bites
- Oatmeal Raisin Energy Bites
- Pumpkin Energy Bites
- Turtle Pecan Energy Bites
And since Easter is just around the corner, these no bake carrot cake energy bites are the perfect treat for spring.
My family is crazy about carrot cake and these healthy carrot cake energy bites are a great way to curb that classic carrot cake craving.
They have all the delicious flavors and spices but are made with wholesome ingredients without any refined sugar.
Plus, these tasty carrot cake treats require less than 5 minutes of prep time and are gluten free and vegan. And the best part is how easy they are to customize with whatever ingredients you like or have in your pantry.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO I NEED TO MAKE CARROT CAKE ENERGY BITES?
- pitted dried dates (if your dates are hard, you can soak them in hot water for 20 minutes to soften and then drain)
- dried apricots (or raisins)
- grated carrots
- shredded coconut
- old fashioned oats (use gluten free if necessary)
- coconut oil
- pure vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
Be sure to check your labels if you have any food allergies or sensitivities and use gluten free or nut free ingredients as needed.
HOW TO MAKE CARROT CAKE ENERGY BITES?
- You’re going to toss the dates, apricots and nuts in a food processor or high-powered blender until roughly chopped. Add the pecans, carrots, coconut, oats, coconut oil, vanilla and spices and continue processing until the batter is combined into a sticky “dough” like consistency.
- Form and roll dough tightly (wet hands slightly if needed) into 1″ – 1.5″ balls.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator or freezer for a quick and tasty treat anytime you need one.
These Carrot Cake Energy Bites are the perfect after workout snack or anytime you’re craving something sweet (like a cookie?). They’re a super convenient snack for on-the-go or packing into your work or school lunch boxes.
You can add protein powder to make them more substantial or feel free to toss in any other add-ins you like.
ARE CARROT CAKE ENERGY BITES FREEZER FRIENDLY?
Absolutely. These healthy energy bites are the perfect make ahead recipe. You can make them on your meal prep Sunday, then store them in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
We like to make a double batch and place them on a baking sheet and place them in the freezer for about 30 minutes to set. Then we store them in freezer-friendly zip-top bags.
Then you just grab one or two in the morning or any time you need a quick pick-me-up.
ARE CARROT CAKE ENERGY BITES HEALTHY?
Energy bites are a great healthier treat option when enjoyed in moderation on a balanced diet. They are made with wholesome ingredients and packed with fiber and protein but sweet enough to satisfy that sweet dessert craving.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST CARROT CAKE ENERGY BITES:
- soak the dates beforehand if they seem too dry
- wet hands slightly before rolling into balls to avoid sticking
- you can swap out the pecans with walnuts or even sunflower seeds for a nut-free snack option
- use gluten free oats or quinoa flakes if you are allergic to oats
- add a touch of liquid sweetener if you prefer a sweeter treat
More carrot cake recipes:
Carrot Cake Energy Bites - a delicious and healthy no bake breakfast or afternoon snack. Made with wholesome simple pantry ingredients and perfect for on the go or after a workout. Gluten free and refined sugar free.
- 1/2 cup pitted dried dates , if dates are hard, you can soak them in hot water for 20 minutes to soften and then drain
- 1/3 cup dried apricots or raisins
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats , use gluten free as needed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place the dates, apricots and nuts in a food processor until roughly chopped. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until combined into a sticky "dough" like consistency.
- Form and roll dough tightly (wet hands slightly if needed) into 1" - 1.5" balls.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator or freezer until ready to enjoy.
Yum! Loved these! thanks!