These Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal Cups are the perfect make ahead breakfast for Spring. Best of all, this oatmeal recipe is simple to customize and easily portable for busy mornings.
If this Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal looks familiar, I actually shared the recipe as part of this 10 Baked Oatmeal Cups post back in January. But since Easter is just a few days away, I thought this Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal deserved its own post.
You can find more favorite flavors here:
- Almond Butter Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Banana Nut Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Berry Baked Oatmeal
- Blueberry Lemon Coconut Baked Oatmeal
- Cinnamon Apple Baked Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal with Chocolate
- Honey Nut Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Lemon Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Raspberry Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Strawberry Baked Oatmeal Cups
Plus, we’ve been trying to channel spring weather and have been making all things carrot cake lately.
This baked oatmeal has all those classic flavors of carrot cake that you can enjoy for a wholesome breakfast instead. The best part is, it’s gluten free, refined sugar free and full of fiber and healthy fats.
How do you make Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
- Start by combining almond milk, eggs and melted coconut oil together. Stir in the maple syrup, applesauce, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, shredded carrots, unsweetened coconut flakes and rolled oats.
- For the add-ins, I used raisins and pecans but feel free to leave them out or swap in walnuts or cranberries if you prefer.
- Fill a[amazon_textlink asin=’B000FCD118′ text=’ 9×13 baking pan’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’lifmadswe09-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’6c5c3b59-3d03-11e8-a99f-97f3f2818089′], greased muffin tin or [amazon_textlink asin=’B01KWTGAVQ’ text=’silicone muffin liners’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’lifmadswe09-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’74213731-3d03-11e8-82ab-35001f789830′] with the batter.
- Bake at 350 F until set and you’ve got an easy breakfast you can enjoy on the go.
More oatmeal recipes you might like:
Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal (Muffin Cups) – the perfect easy make-ahead breakfast for Spring. Best of all, this recipe is simple to customize and easily portable for busy mornings.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk or any other milk
- 2 large eggs or flax eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 teaspoons melted coconut oil or canola oil * coconut oil will harden with any cold liquids - this is totally normal and will melt down once baked
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut I used unsweetened
- 3 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats gluten free as needed
- 3 Tablespoons raisins
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped pecans or walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9x13 baking pan or a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line baking sheet with silicone liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Add the maple syrup, coconut oil, apple sauce, vanilla, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, carrots, and coconut. Fold in the oats, raisins, and nuts.
- Spread batter into a casserole dish or divide batter evenly into prepared muffin tin or silicone muffin liners. Sprinkle with additional coconut, raisins, and pecans, if desired.
Bake in preheated oven until just set and no longer jiggly - about 30-35 minutes in a baking pan or 20-25 minutes in muffin tins.
- Enjoy immediately or freeze in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to 3 months. Reheat in the microwave when ready to enjoy.