Carrot Cake Pancakes – perfect for any spring breakfast or Easter brunch. Best of all, they’re low carb and have all the classic flavors you love about the popular cake. Grain free, sugar free and made with coconut, carrots, pecans and cream cheese.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links; view my Disclosure Policy for details. I earn a small percentage from any purchase you make by clicking on these links.
Pancakes are a big favorite around here. As much my kids are obsessed with baked oatmeal during the week, nothing beats a plate of yummy pancakes, piled high on a lazy Sunday morning. It’s the perfect excuse to eat fluffy cakes for breakfast.
We’ve been obsessed with all things carrot cake lately and these Carrot Cake Pancakes are our latest favorite. The best part though? These pancakes are sugar free, grain free, low carb / paleo / keto-friendly and have all the flavors everyone loves about carrot cake.
HOW DO YOU MAKE THESE LOW CARB CARROT CAKE PANCAKES?
- Start off by whisking together eggs, almond milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the monkfruit sweetener (you can also use erythritol OR Swerve if you prefer), almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and stir until combined.
- Fold in carrots, nuts, coconut and raisins if using.
- If the batter appears too thick, add a splash of almond milk. If too thin, add a bit more flour. Allow the batter to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat griddle or a large skillet on medium to medium-low heat.
- Drop 1/4 cup sized batter rounds onto the griddle. Cook until the edges begin to turn golden brown and bubbles form on the top, about 5-6 minutes. GENTLY flip and cook another 6-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with some low carb syrup, chocolate chips, chopped nuts, melted butter / ghee or coconut whipped cream, if desired.
CAN I FREEZE LOW CARB CARROT CAKE PANCAKES?
Yes. The great thing about these paleo carrot cake pancakes is that you can make them ahead and heat them up during the week.
These Carrot Cake Pancakes are perfect for any spring breakfast or Easter brunch. They’re low carb/keto friendly and have all the classic flavors you love about the popular cake.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons granulated monkfruit sweetener , can also use erythritol OR SWERVE (if not paleo)
- 3/4 cup s superfine blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans or walnuts , plus more for topping
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut , plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoon chopped raisins , optional
- coconut chips for serving , optional
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract until smooth.
Add the monkfruit sweetener, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix until smooth and just combined.
Fold in carrots, nuts, coconut, and raisins, if using. Allow to sit while you heat up the griddle so the batter can thicken up.
Preheat a griddle or pan over medium-low heat. Grease with coconut oil or butter. Once the pan is hot, scoop about 1/4 cup batter onto preheated griddle. Cook undisturbed until bubbles form around the edges (about 2-4 minutes depending on your stove and the batter). Using a spatula, gently flip the pancake and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Transfer to plate and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with a dollop of coconut cream, shredded coconut or coconut chips and nuts, if desired.
More carrot cake recipes: