Blueberry Lemon Pancakes are super fluffy with Greek yogurt and bursting with the perfect balance of sweet blueberries and lemon in every bite. Best of all, they’re so easy to make (with low carb options) plus recipe video!
Pancakes. It’s the best way to get my kids to stop what they’re doing and come running to the kitchen.
Weekend breakfasts are our favorite around here! As much as we love french toast bakes –> Blueberry, Strawberry, Mixed Berry French Toast anyone? Nothing beats our love for a full stack of pancakes on a lazy Sunday.
They really are a magical thing. Sort of like having soft and fluffy cake for breakfast and the most perfect way to start the weekend.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST FLUFFY PANCAKES:
This recipe starts off with my favorite melt-in-your mouth pancake base and come together in no time flat. Plus, they’re made a little bit healthier since I love swapping in white whole wheat flour for all purpose. It helps to add a touch of fiber without the husband or kids noticing a difference in taste.
The pancakes cook up super fluffy and thick from the Greek yogurt and are bursting with fresh, plump berries and a light lemony flavor in every bite. If you’re a fan of Blueberry Pancakes with Ricotta Cheese, then you definitely have to give these a try.
CAN I USE FRESH OR FROZEN BLUEBERRIES FOR THESE BLUEBERRY PANCAKES?
If you are using frozen blueberries, thaw them slightly and toss in a light coating of flour. Then sprinkle them evenly on top of the pancakes when they start cooking – this helps to prevent purple pancakes 🙂
Serve them plain or drizzle them with a good dose of maple syrup – either way, it’s what weekend dreams are made of.
Just grab your fork and dig in ♥
DO YOU HAVE A RECIPE FOR LOW CARB OR KETO FRIENDLY BLUEBERRY LEMON PANCAKES?
Yes, swap out the pancake batter for my favorite low carb pancake recipe. I’ve also included it below in my Recipe notes 🙂
Make ahead tips for Fluffy Blueberry Lemon Pancakes
- gather all the dry ingredients to a bowl the night before and cover with lid
- gather all the wet ingredients in a an airtight container and store in the fridge
Fluffy Blueberry Lemon Buttermilk Pancakes + VIDEO
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour or all purpose flour
- 5 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups Greek yogurt I usually use low-fat or full fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1-1/3 cups fresh or slightly thawed frozen blueberries coated with a 2 tablespoons of flour*
- Preheat a griddle or a large skillet to medium heat and grease with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and milk together. Slowly beat in eggs until well incorporated.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Over mixing will result in less fluffy pancakes.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup batter onto the preheated skillet. Sprinkle with fresh or frozen blueberries. If the batter is too thick, flatten pancakes with your spatula. When bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip carefully and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes more until browned on the underside.
- Transfer to a baking sheet or platter and keep in a warm oven until ready to serve.
- Serve with maple syrup and extra blueberries, if desired.
*If using frozen blueberries, thaw slightly and toss in a light coating of flour. Sprinkle evenly on top of the pancakes when they start cooking.
KETO FRIENDLY BLUEBERRY LEMON PANCAKE RECIPE:
* 3 large eggs
* 1/4 cup butter melted
* 1/3 cup sour cream
* 1/4 cup heavy cream
* 1 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon lemon zest
* 2-3 drops liquid Stevia or other low carb sweetener of your choice
* 1 /2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 2/3 cups coconut flour measured correctly (spoon and level method)
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 cup blueberries (fresh or slightly thawed frozen)
- In a large bowl, beat eggs for about 1-2 minutes, until light and frothy. Whisk in butter, sour cream, heavy cream, vanilla and sweeter until combined.
- Stir in baking powder, baking soda followed by coconut flour, until just combined. Allow to sit while you heat up the griddle so the batter can thicken up. If you prefer your batter thinner, add a little bit more cream until desired consistency.
Preheat a griddle or pan over medium low heat. Grease with coconut oil or butter. Once pan is hot, scoop about 1/4 cup batter onto preheated griddle. Press a few berries evenly on each pancake. Cook undisturbed until bubbles form around the edges (about 2-4 minutes depending on your stove and the batter). Using a spatula, gently flip pancake and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Transfer to plate and repeat with remaining batter.