Blueberry Lemon Pancakes are super fluffy with Greek yogurt and bursting with the perfect balance of sweet blueberries and lemon in every bite. Best of all, they’re so easy to make with this recipe & video!
Pancakes. It’s the best way to get my kids to stop what they’re doing and come running to the kitchen.
Weekend breakfasts are our favorite around here! As much as we love french toast bakes –> Blueberry, Strawberry, Mixed Berry French Toast anyone? Nothing beats our love for a full stack of pancakes on a lazy Sunday.
They really are a magical thing. Sort of like having soft and fluffy cake for breakfast and the most perfect way to start the weekend.
This recipe starts off with my favorite melt-in-your mouth pancake base and come together in no time flat. Plus, they’re made a little bit healthier since I love swapping in white whole wheat flour for all purpose. It helps to add a touch of fiber without the husband or kids noticing a difference in taste.
The pancakes cook up super fluffy and thick from the Greek yogurt and are bursting with fresh, plump berries and a light lemony flavor in every bite.
If you are using frozen blueberries, thaw them slightly and toss in a light coating of flour. Then sprinkle them evenly on top of the pancakes when they start cooking – this helps to prevent purple pancakes 🙂
Serve them plain or drizzle them with a good dose of maple syrup – either way, it’s what weekend dreams are made of.
Just grab your fork and dig in ♥
Make ahead tips for Fluffy Blueberry Lemon Pancakes
- gather all the dry ingredients to a bowl the night before and cover with lid
- gather all the wet ingredients in a an airtight container and store in the fridge
Fluffy Blueberry Lemon Buttermilk Pancakes + VIDEO
These extra Fluffy Blueberry Lemon Buttermilk Pancakes are bursting with sweet blueberries and lemon in every bite.
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour or all purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups Greek yogurt (I usually use low-fat or full fat Greek yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/3 cups fresh (or slightly thawed frozen blueberries coated with a 2 tablespoons of flour)*
- Preheat a griddle or a large skillet to medium heat and grease with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract and milk together. Slowly beat in eggs until well incorporated.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Over mixing will result in less fluffy pancakes.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup batter onto the preheated skillet. Sprinkle with fresh or frozen blueberries. If batter is too thick, flatten pancakes with your spatula. When bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip carefully and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes more until browned on the underside.
- Transfer to a baking sheet or platter and keep in a warm oven until ready to serve.
- Serve with maple syrup and extra blueberries, if desired.
*If using frozen blueberries, thaw slightly and toss in a light coating of flour. Sprinkle evenly on top of the pancakes when they start cooking.
I'd love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it #LIFEMADESWEETER or tag me @lifemadesweeter on Instagram!