Keto Pancakes – soft and fluffy low carb pancakes that are grain free, sugar free & paleo friendly. Serve with a batch of fresh berries for the perfect breakfast or weekend brunch!
Recipe and post updated March 2018
Click on the links or scroll to the bottom to find all the pancake flavor recipes:
- Blueberry Lemon Pancakes
- Keto Carrot Cake Pancakes
- Eggless Pancakes
- Fluffy Greek Yogurt Nutella Swirl Pancakes
- Keto Pumpkin Pancakes
- Peach Cobbler Pancakes
- Samoa Pancakes
I am always on a never ending quest to find the perfect fluffy low carb pancakes. This is the base recipe I used to use for regular pancakes.
Now that I’m following the ketogenic diet, I’ve been trying to come up with a low carb version that my family will love just as much as our standby recipe.
And after what seemed like a bazillion failed attempts, I finally made a batch that my family could get just as excited about.
They’re made mainly with almond flour, coconut flour, eggs and almond milk. My family loves these perfect keto pancakes that come out soft, fluffy and delicious.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO I NEED TO MAKE KETO PUMPKIN PANCAKES?
For this paleo pumpkin pancake recipe, you’re going to need:
- monk fruit sweetener
- super-fine blanched almond flour
- coconut flour
- ground cinnamon
- baking powder
- fine sea salt
- almond milk
- vanilla extract
- apple cider vinegar
HOW TO MAKE KETO PANCAKES
- Start off by whisking together eggs, almond milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the monkfruit sweetener (you can also use erythritol OR Swerve if you prefer), almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and stir until combined.
- If the batter appears too thick, add a splash of almond milk. If too thin, add a bit more flour. Allow the batter to rest for 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat griddle or a large skillet on medium to medium-low heat.
- Drop 1/4 cup sized batter rounds onto the griddle. Cook until the edges begin to turn golden brown and bubbles form on the top, about 5-6 minutes. GENTLY flip and cook another 6-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with some low carb syrup, chocolate chips, chopped nuts, melted butter / ghee or coconut whipped cream, if desired.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST KETO PANCAKES:
- Since these pancakes use almond flour and coconut flour, they do take a little longer to cook than your regular flour pancakes. Cook them low and slow so the middle cooks evenly and doesn’t end up mushy.
- Do not overmix the batter once you add the dry ingredients
- Alow the batter to rest for 3-5 minutes to thicken up while you preheat the griddle
ARE LOW CARB PANCAKES FREEZER FRIENDLY?
Absolutely, you can make keto pancakes ahead of time and freeze them when you’re ready to enjoy them throughout the week.
Line cooked pancakes on a baking sheet in a single layer and place the pan in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. Once the pancakes are firm, transfer to a resealable zip-top bag or an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Paleo pancakes would also be perfect for sharing on Easter, Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth or July or any holiday weekend with all the pretty berries
Low Carb Pancakes – soft and fluffy pancakes that are grain free and keto-friendly. Serve with a batch of fresh berries for the perfect breakfast or weekend brunch!
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons granulated monkfruit sweetener , can also use erythritol OR SWERVE (if not paleo)
- 3/4 cups superfine blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, apple cider and vanilla extract until smooth.
Add the granulated monkfruit sweetener, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix until smooth and just combined - do NOT overmix. Allow the batter to thicken up slightly while you preheat the griddle.
Meanwhile, preheat griddle or a large skillet on medium heat. Spray with coconut oil cooking spray or ghee.
Drop scant 1/4 cup rounds onto the griddle. Cook until the edges begin to turn golden brown and bubbles form on the top, about 5-6 minutes. GENTLY flip and cook another 6-7 minutes or until golden brown and the middle is cooked through.
Top with sugar free syrup, chopped nuts, almond butter, melted ghee/ butter or whipped coconut cream, if desired