Pumpkin Energy Bites – the perfect easy and healthy no bake grab and go snacks! Best of all, full of cozy pumpkin and fall spices – gluten free and refined sugar free and so easy to customize.
We make a few batches every week and a few of our favorites include:
Plus I just shared these 9 No Bake Energy Bites that have something for everyone.
These gluten free Pumpkin Energy Bites have all the cozy flavors of fall and are super easy to customize. They contain no refined sugar and are great for on the go.
INGREDIENTS FOR PUMPKIN ENERGY BITES
The great thing about energy bites is that they are made with simple pantry ingredients that you can swap out according to what you have on hand.
Be sure to check your labels if you have food allergies or sensitivities and use gluten free or nut free ingredients as needed.
- oats (use gluten free if necessary)
- sticky sweetener like maple syrup, honey, brown rice syrup or organic agave
- natural nut or seed butter (almond, peanut, cashew, sunflower or pumpkin seed butter)
- canned or pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- pumpkin pie spice
- dried cranberries
- pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin Energy Bites – No Bake
Pumpkin Energy Bites - the perfect easy and healthy grab and go snacks for fall! Gluten free and refined sugar free and so easy to customize.
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seed butter (slightly heated) (can also use almond butter or sunflower seed butter)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or liquid honey or brown rice syrup)
- 1/2 cup pure or canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 2 cups quick oats (use gluten free if necessary or quinoa flakes work as well)
- 1 cup rolled oats (use gluten free if necessary - I use Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- In a large bowl, stir the slightly heated seed or nut butter with maple syrup until smooth. Stir in the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt and vanilla until combined. Fold in the oats, cranberries and pumpkin seeds.
- Wet hands slightly and form dough tightly into 1" - 1.5" balls. Or, if dough doesn't stick together place dough in the fridge for 30 minutes prior to forming dough balls so it's easier to handle. Press additional cranberries evenly around dough, if desired.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator or freezer until ready to enjoy.
I'd love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it #LIFEMADESWEETER or tag me @lifemadesweeter on Instagram!