Pumpkin Energy Bites – the perfect easy and healthy no bake grab and go snacks! Best of all, full of cozy pumpkin and fall spices – gluten free and refined sugar free and so easy to customize.
We make a few batches every week and a few of our favorites including one of these 9 No Bake Energy Bites that have something for everyone.
These gluten free Pumpkin Energy Bites have all the cozy flavors of fall and are super easy to customize. They’re great for satisfying that pumpkin pie craving with more healthy and wholesome ingredients.
They’re made with gluten free oats, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and pumpkin puree. The best part is, you can make them ahead of time so they’re great for packing into school lunchboxes or taking them for on the go. Or you store them in the freezer where they will last several months.
This recipe is also perfect if you’ve got some leftover canned pumpkin to use up.
INGREDIENTS FOR PUMPKIN ENERGY BITES
The great thing about energy bites is that they are made with simple pantry ingredients that you can swap out according to what you have on hand.
Be sure to check your labels if you have food allergies or sensitivities and use gluten free or nut free ingredients as needed.
- oats (use gluten free if necessary)
- sticky sweetener like maple syrup, coconut nectar, honey or brown rice syrup
- natural nut or seed butter (almond, peanut, cashew, sunflower or pumpkin seed butter)
- canned or pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- pumpkin pie spice
- dried cranberries
- pumpkin seeds
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN ENERGY BITES
- In a large bowl, stir the slightly heated seed or nut butter with maple syrup until smooth. Stir in the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt and vanilla until combined. Fold in the oats, cranberries and pumpkin seeds.
- Wet hands slightly and form dough tightly into 1″ – 1.5″ balls. Or, if dough doesn’t stick together place dough in the fridge for 30 minutes prior to forming dough balls so it’s easier to handle. Press additional cranberries evenly around dough, if desired.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator or freezer until ready to enjoy.
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seed butter , can also use sunflower seed butter or other nut butter if not nut free
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup , can also sub with coconut nectar, brown rice syrup or honey if not vegan
- 1/2 cup pure or canned pumpkin puree
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick oats , use gluten free as needed
- 1 cup rolled oats , use gluten free as needed
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
Heat the pumpkin seed butter, coconut oil and maple syrup in a large saucepan over medium heat and whisk until smooth.
Stir in the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla until combined. Fold in the oats, cranberries and pumpkin seeds.
- Wet hands slightly and form dough tightly into 1" - 1.5" balls. Or, if the dough doesn't stick together place dough in the fridge for 30 minutes prior to forming dough balls so it's easier to handle. Press additional cranberries evenly around the dough, if desired.
Store in airtight container in refrigerator or freezer until ready to enjoy.