These Raspberry Bliss Balls are easy to make with healthy dates, crunchy nuts and sweet freeze-dried raspberries. They are packed with delicious flavor, protein and come together in just 10 minutes for an easy grab-and-go breakfast or pre-workout snack! Freezer-friendly, vegan, gluten-free, grain-free and paleo-friendly.
Easy Raspberry Bliss Ball Recipe
Looking for a quick and easy snack for on the go? These Raspberry Bliss Balls come together in just 10 minutes and are jam-packed with hearty and delicious ingredients. They’re the perfect snack to make if you need a super quick no-bake treat. You can throw them together in minutes and store them in the fridge all week long!
Everyone could use a healthy make-ahead snack recipe. These bliss balls have a sweet and nutty flavor that will keep you coming back for more! And it’s easy to customize them with your favorite energy ball ingredients. The melted “white” chocolate drizzle and freeze-dried raspberry combo make them perfectly festive for Valentine’s Day!
What Are Bliss Balls?
Bliss balls are basically little balls of superfood made with ground nuts, dates and more. They’re an ultra-nutritious, ultra-satisfying snack for any occasion. These raspberry protein balls are so chewy and flavorful, and they work with gluten-free, paleo, vegan, dairy-free and grain-free diet plans!
Are Protein Balls a Healthy Snack?
Even though these bliss balls are sweet and yummy, they can definitely fit into a healthy lifestyle when enjoyed in moderation. The dates are packed with fiber, vitamins and minerals, and the nuts provide protein, carbs and more. Overall, these energy balls are a well-rounded snack that will fuel your body and make you feel amazing!
These easy raspberry bliss balls come together with a handful of hearty ingredients. You can make substitutions to suit your preferences or stick with what’s listed below:
For the raspberry bites:
- Cashews: About 1 cup’s worth.
- Medjool Dates: You’ll need about 8 pitted dates.
- Freeze-Dried Raspberries: For natural color and a pop of fruitiness! You can find these on Amazon, Target or Trader Joe’s.
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut: helps bind the protein balls together and adds texture and natural sweetness.
- Plant-based Natural or Vanilla Protein Powder: We like Nuzest Just Natural for an extra dose of protein. You may also sub with a little bit more almond meal or almond flour if you prefer not to use protein powder.
- Cashew Butter: To hold everything together. We prefer cashew butter for the but taste but you can also swap with any nut butter or seed butter of your choice.
- Vanilla Extract: For flavor.
- Sea Salt: To taste.
For the optional Melted White Chocolate Drizze:
Coconut Butter (also known as Coconut Manna): this is completely optional but makes these raspberry balls extra cute and pretty.
How to Make Raspberry Bliss Balls
Get ready for the easiest snack of your life! These energy bites are as simple as pulverizing, rolling and chilling.
- Grind Nuts: Place the cashews in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add Dates & Grind: Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until the dates are broken down and the mixture clumps together.
- Shape: Roll 1/2 tablespoon of the mixture into a ball with your hands. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Serve or Store: Keep these bliss balls in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.
Tips for Success
To ensure your bliss balls are as tasty as can be, check out the following tips and tricks.
- Use Good Dates: Make sure your dates are fresh and not stale or hard. If they have gotten stale, you can soften them up again and make them good as new! Simply place them in a bowl and pour boiling water into the bowl until all of the dates are submerged. Let the bowl sit, covered, for about 5 minutes, then remove the dates and drain out the moisture.
- Use a Food Processor: You will need a food processor or blender for this recipe in order to pulverize the ingredients. Don’t stop pulsing until the mixture starts clumping together.
- Season/Substitute to Taste: Feel free to add an extra pinch of salt to this recipe, use a different flavored extract or add another kind of dried fruit, if desired. You could also add coconut flakes or chia seeds!
How to Store Homemade Bliss Balls
You should keep your energy balls in an airtight container in the fridge. I personally love enjoying them once they’ve been chilled! They’ll stay fresh in the fridge for up to a week.
Can I Freeze These?
You sure can! These bliss balls will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 1 month. Just remember to keep them in an airtight, freezer-safe container. Thaw frozen date balls in the fridge before enjoying.
More Healthy Snack Ideas
I have tons of other healthy snack recipes that you’re sure to love. Don’t be shy, give these ones a try!
These Raspberry Bliss Balls are easy to make with healthy dates, crunchy nuts and sweet freeze-dried raspberries. They are packed with delicious flavor, protein and come together in just 10 minutes for an easy grab-and-go breakfast or pre-workout snack! Vegan, gluten-free, grain-free and paleo-friendly.
- 1 cup unsalted roasted cashews
- 2 tbsp unsweeteend shredded coconut
- 10 Medjool dates , pitted
- 3 tbsp cashew butter
- 1/4 cup plant-based protein powder , I like Nuzest Just Clean - can sub with 1/3 cup almond flour
- 4 tbsp freeze-dried raspberries , I buy mine from Target or Trader Joe's
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp coconut butter (manna)
Place the cashews in a food processor and blend until finely chopped.
Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until the dates are broken down and the mixture clumps together. Add more almond meal or cashew butter as needed, for the mixture to stick together.
Use a small cookie scoop or scoop out a tablespoonful of mixture and roll into a ball with your hands. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining mixture.
Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt the coconut butter over a double broiler on the stove or in the microwave. Stir frequently and if using the microwave only do for 15- 20 seconds at a time till completely melted. Remove the bliss balls from the fridge and drizzle the melted coconut butter on top.
Allow to set and transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 7 days.