These Lemon Bliss Balls are easy to make with healthy dates, crunchy cashews, sweet coconut and fresh lemon. They are packed with delicious lemon flavor, protein and come together in just 10 minutes for an easy grab-and-go breakfast or pre-workout snack! Freezer-friendly, vegan, gluten-free, grain-free and paleo-friendly.
Easy Lemon Bliss Ball Recipe
Looking for a quick and easy snack for on the go? These Lemon Bliss Balls come together in just 10 minutes and are jam-packed with hearty and delicious ingredients. They’re the perfect snack to make if you need a super quick no-bake treat. All you need are some dates, cashews, coconut and bright lemon. You can throw them together in minutes on your Sunday meal prep and store them in the fridge all week long!
Everyone could use a healthy make-ahead snack recipe. These bliss balls have a sweet, tangy and nutty flavor that will keep you coming back for more! And it’s easy to customize them with your favorite energy ball ingredients.
What Are Bliss Balls?
Bliss balls are basically little balls of superfood made with ground nuts, dates and more. They’re an ultra-nutritious, ultra-satisfying snack for any occasion. These lemon energy balls are so chewy and flavorful, and they work with gluten-free, paleo, vegan, dairy-free and grain-free diet plans!
Are Protein Balls a Healthy Snack?
Even though these bliss balls are sweet and yummy, they can definitely fit into a healthy lifestyle when enjoyed in moderation. The dates are packed with fiber, vitamins and minerals, and the nuts provide protein, carbs and more. Overall, these energy balls are a well-rounded snack that will fuel your body and make you feel amazing!
These easy lemon bliss balls come together with a handful of hearty ingredients. You can make substitutions to suit your preferences or stick with what’s listed below:
For the lemon bites:
- Cashews: About 1 cup’s worth.
- Medjool Dates: You’ll need about 8 pitted dates.
- Lemon: You’ll need two small lemon for the lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut: helps bind the protein balls together and adds texture and natural sweetness.
- Plant-based Protein Powder: We like NuZest Just Clean or Sprout Living Pea Protein but you can use your favorite. We have not tested this with a Whey protein powder since we wanted to keep this recipe vegan but feel free to do so if it fits with your dietary preference. You may also sub with a little bit more almond meal or almond flour if you prefer not to use protein powder.
- Cashew Butter: To hold everything together. We prefer cashew butter for the but taste but you can also swap with any nut butter or seed butter of your choice.
- Vanilla Extract: For flavor.
- Sea Salt: To taste.
How to Make Lemon Bliss Balls
Get ready for the easiest snack of your life! These energy bites are as simple as pulverizing, rolling and chilling.
- Grind Nuts: Place the cashews in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add Dates & Grind: Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until the dates are broken down and the mixture clumps together.
- Shape: Roll 1/2 tablespoon of the mixture into a ball with your hands. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Serve or Store: Keep these bliss balls in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.
To ensure your bliss balls are as tasty as can be, check out the following tips and tricks.
- Use Good Dates: Make sure your dates are fresh and not stale or hard. If they have gotten stale, you can soften them up again and make them good as new! Simply place them in a bowl and pour boiling water into the bowl until all of the dates are submerged. Let the bowl sit, covered, for about 5 minutes, then remove the dates and drain out the moisture.
- Use a Food Processor: You will need a food processor or blender for this recipe in order to pulverize the ingredients. Don’t stop pulsing until the mixture starts clumping together.
- Season/Substitute to Taste: Feel free to add an extra pinch of salt to this recipe, use a different flavored extract or add another kind of dried fruit, if desired. You could also add coconut flakes or chia seeds!
How to Store Homemade Bliss Balls
You should keep your energy balls in an airtight container in the fridge. We personally love enjoying them once they’ve been chilled! They’ll stay fresh in the fridge for up to a week.
Can I Freeze These?
You sure can! These bliss balls will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 1 month. Just remember to keep them in an airtight, freezer-safe container. Thaw frozen date balls in the fridge before enjoying.
More Healthy Snack Ideas
We have tons of other healthy snack recipes that you’re sure to love. Don’t be shy, give these ones a try!
- No Bake Energy Bites – 12 Ways
- Stuffed Dates
- Raspberry Bliss Balls
- Protein Balls-12 ways
- Strawberry Bliss Balls
These Lemon Bliss Balls are easy to make with healthy dates, crunchy nuts, sweet coconut and fresh lemon. They are packed with delicious lemon flavor, protein and come together in just 10 minutes for an easy grab-and-go breakfast or pre-workout snack! Freezer-friendly, vegan, gluten-free, grain-free and paleo-friendly.
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut or coconut flakes
- 8 medjool dates pitted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup plus more only as needed
- 2 tbsp cashew butter or preferred nut / see butter
- 1 tbsp plant-based protein powder , optional for added protein or sub with hemp seeds or ground flaxseeds. We like NuZest Just Clean or Sprout Living Pea Protein but you can use your favorite. We have not tested this with a Whey protein powder since we wanted to keep this recipe vegan but feel free to do so if it fits with your dietary preference.
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice about 2 small lemons
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut or more as needed
- Place the cashews into a food processor.
- Process until finely chopped. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until the dates and the mixture clumps together.
- Taste and adjust consistency and sweetness to taste by adding more nut butter and / or maple syrup.
Scoop into 1 tablespoon-sized balls and roll into 1 inch balls. (Chill mixture in the fridge for about 30 minutes for easier rolling as needed).
Roll each ball into shredded coconut.
Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
How to Store
Keep your energy balls in an airtight container in the fridge. We personally love enjoying them once they've been chilled! They'll stay fresh in the fridge for up to a week.
How to Freeze
These bliss balls will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 1 month. Just remember to keep them in an airtight, freezer-safe container. Thaw frozen date balls in the fridge before enjoying.