Apple Energy Bites with cinnamon and pecans – the perfect easy and healthy grab-and-go “apple pie” like snack! Best of all, full of cozy fall flavors – gluten free and refined sugar-free and so easy to customize.
We make a few batches every week and a few of our favorites include:
And I recently shared these 9 No Bake Energy Bites that have something for everyone.
These gluten free Apple Energy Bites with cinnamon and pecans have all the cozy flavors of fall and are super easy to customize. They are like mini “apple pies” but contain no refined sugar and are great for on the go.
These Apple Energy Bites are also the perfect after workout snack or anytime you’re craving something sweet (like a cookie?). They’re also great for on-the-go like work or school lunch boxes? You can add protein powder to make them more substantial or feel free to toss in any other add-ins you like.
INGREDIENTS FOR APPLE ENERGY BITES
The great thing about energy bites that they are made with simple pantry ingredients that you can swap out according to what you have on hand. Roll them up into balls and you’ve got an easy snack for on-the-go.
Be sure to check your labels if you have food allergies or sensitivities and use gluten free or nut free ingredients as needed.
- oats (use gluten free if necessary)
- sticky sweetener like maple syrup, honey, brown rice syrup or organic agave
- natural nut or seed butter (almond, peanut, cashew, sunflower or pumpkin seed butter)
- applesauce (I used unsweetened)
- ground cinnamon
- chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup natural creamy almond butter slightly heated
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups quick oats gluten free as needed
- 3/4 cup rolled oats gluten free as needed
- ground flaxseed or chia seeds
- chopped pecans
- dried cranberries or raisins
- sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, mix together heated nut butter and honey until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients until well combined. Add optional add-ins, if desired.
- Wet hands slightly and form dough tightly into 1" - 1.5" balls. If the dough doesn't stick together add 1/2 tablespoon water (or melted coconut oil) at a time until dough comes together or place dough in the fridge for 30 minutes prior to forming dough balls so it's easier to handle.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator or freezer until ready to enjoy.