Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal makes the perfect easy make-ahead breakfast or brunch! Best of all, it comes together in just one bowl using healthy and wholesome ingredients. Gluten free & refined sugar free. Plus a step-by-step video.
I don’t mind since I love that I can make a big batch on Sunday nights. It keeps well in the fridge or freezer to reheat throughout the week.
With the busy school season here, this Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal makes the perfect easy make-ahead breakfast.
This wholesome Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal is made with:
- gluten free
- dairy free
- refined sugar free
- gluten free rolled oats
- maple syrup, apples
- ground flax seeds extra fiber.
A few eggs bind it all together, and the cinnamon and allspice give you that cozy fall feeling.
I couldn’t help topping mine off with a few blackberries and blueberries for some extra color but you can easily leave them out. Or add whatever fruit you have on hand.
Some toasted nuts or a streusel topping would also be great as well.
This apple cinnamon baked oatmeal literally takes just a few minutes to throw together and then only needs about thirty minutes in the oven.
Plus, since dishes are my LEAST favorite thing to do, you can see from the video that this recipe comes together easily in just ONE bowl. No need to mix your dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately. It bakes up just as delicious.
Make it in the evening or on your Sunday meal prep day. Store it in the fridge and you are set up with a few hearty and healthy breakfasts that you can serve during the week or even on the weekend with a big cup of tea or juice.
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk or any other milk of your choice
- 3/4 cup applesauce can also use mashed bananas
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey plus more depending on how sweet you like it - you can always serve with more maple syrup once baked
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice optional
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seeds optional
- 3 1/3 cups oats I used half rolled oats & half quick oats(use gluten free if necessary)
- 1 cup diced apples
- 1/4 cup fresh blackberries for topping (optional)
- Serving options: Maple syrup Fresh Berries, Milk + chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly grease the inside of a 2 quart (10 cup) casserole dish or baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and milk until combined. Stir in applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice and flax seeds. Gently fold in oats and apples.
- Spread batter evenly and top with berries.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the oatmeal is set and the center is no longer jiggly or a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and serve with extra berries, maple syrup and any other desired toppings.
More make ahead breakfasts: