This Instant Pot Apple Cider Recipe is the perfect easy drink for fall and the holiday season. Best of all, it’s made entirely in the pressure cooker with orange, lemon, apples, cranberries, cinnamon and cloves.
Apple cider is a favorite during the fall and holiday months. We already have this easy stovetop version, this from scratch slow cooker version and since I am a big fan of my Instant Pot, I couldn’t wait to share this pressure cooker version today as well.
HOW TO MAKE THIS INSTANT POT APPLE CIDER
Making your own homemade apple cider from scratch couldn’t be easier when you use an Instant Pot.
All of those delicious sweet and spicy flavors are infused together in just 15 minutes of cooking time (minus the pressure and natural release time).
To start off, place the orange, lemon, chopped apples and fresh cranberries into the inner pot of your pressure cooker.
Add a few cinnamon sticks, some cloves and one star anise. Star anise adds a wonderful licorice like aroma and can be found on Amazon, the baking aisle or the International section of a large grocery store where there are dried herbs. Feel free to leave it out if you can’t find it.
Fill with enough water to cover the fruit. I tested this recipe in my 6 Quart Instant Pot – you may have to adjust the amounts depending on the size of your pressure cooker.
Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes and allow to naturally release.
You can add any sweetener of your choice and adjust the amount according to your taste. Coconut sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup, honey or any low calorie sweetener would work depending on your preference.
The combination of orange and lemon add that burst of citrus that pairs amazingly well with the cinnamon and cloves.
The best part about making your own instant pot apple cider is that you can alter it slightly for different occasions.
Not a fan of cranberries or the lemon? You can leave them out depending on your mood or what you have on hand.
Grab a warm mug and cuddle up by the fireplace. Or add some caramel and whipped cream for a dessert drink.
Instant Pot Apple Cider
- 7 medium apples, cored and quartered (can leave skin on - a mix of Granny Smith, Honey Crisp & Gala)
- 1 orange, (peeled and cut into segments)
- 1 lemon, (peeled and cut into segments)
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1/2 star anise (leave out if you prefer or can't find it)
- Enough water to cover fruit
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup sweetener of your choice (sugar, brown sugar, coconut sugar, maple syrup, honey, Stevia etc.)
- Place the quartered apples, orange, lemon and cranberries into the inner pot of your Instant Pot Pressure Cooker . Add cinnamon sticks, whole cloves and star anise (if using) and pour enough water to cover the fruit.
- Place the lid on and press the MANUAL ore PRESSURE COOK button on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release on its own or you can do a quick release after 10 minutes.
- Mash the fruit with a potato masher to release the juices.
- Carefully strain the solids from the liquids using a fine mesh sieve. Discard solids and store cider in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for later use.
I'd love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it #LIFEMADESWEETER or tag me @lifemadesweeter on Instagram!
You might also like: