Creamy Lemon Chicken One Pan Pasta Skillet makes the perfect easy weeknight meal. Best of all, it’s made entirely in ONE PAN in under 25 minutes. Full of lemon, chicken, spinach, parmesan and ricotta.
This Creamy Lemon Chicken One-Pan Pasta is probably the easiest one-pot dish out of them all. It’s literally a 5-minute prep, and then everything gets tossed right into the pan, including the uncooked pasta.
Just let the water come to a boil and that’s it! Dinner can be ready and on the table in only 25 minutes and with only ONE PAN to clean up.
You can also easily toss in or replace the protein and veggies with whatever you have on hand. And like my other one pan pasta dishes, simply replace the pasta with gluten-free or your favorite kind that you have on hand.
Start off by browning the chicken with some garlic and then toss in the uncooked pasta and just let it simmer away.
Every so often, you’ll just have to stir it so the pasta doesn’t stick.
Once it’s almost cooked, I like to toss in some spinach for extra veggies, fresh basil, parsley, lemon juice and zest and finally Parmesan and ricotta cheese.
It’s super tasty and full of bright refreshing citrus flavors. You can’t beat how simple and easy it is to whip up making it perfect for those busy spring and summer weeknights.
Make ahead tips for this Creamy Lemon Chicken One Pan Pasta Skillet
- cube the chicken the day before and store in a zip-top freezer bag in the fridge
- chop your veggies and store in a zip-top bag in the fridge
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch chunks
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 cups uncooked penne or rotini pasta I used gluten free penne
- 2 medium lemons zested and juiced
- 1 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese or more to taste
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese (I used light)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup loosely packed spinach sliced thinly
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- sea salt to taste
- 1 lemon sliced for garnish
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 20 seconds. Toss in chicken and saute until just browned.
- Stir in chicken broth, water, and uncooked pasta to pan.
- Bring to a boil, then turn heat down to low.
- Cover pan and cook on low for about 11-13 minutes, stirring pasta with tongs often so it does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Remove cover when pasta is al dente and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Allow to simmer for about five more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, spinach, parsley, basil, parmesan cheese and ricotta cheese.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if needed and garnish with lemon and additional parmesan cheese and parsley, if desired.
Heavily adapted from The Kitchn
More One-Pan Meals: