Crunchy Asian Ramen Noodle Salad is a sweet, spicy and tangy cold Asian-style salad with crunchy Ramen noodles and Sriracha flavored almonds. So easy to make and perfect for potlucks.
This Crunchy Asian Ramen Noodle Salad makes a regular appearance at our house. I shared a similar version on the blog last year and figured it was time for another remake.
It’s one of my husband’s favorite dishes that he requests frequently.
This says a lot since my husband is NOT a big salad eater. He’ll even offer to help me toss the salad when it’s time to add the dressing.
My mom used to make her own version of crunchy Asian ramen noodle salad with chicken for us almost every week. Anytime there was a family function or get-together, she would make it and it was always one of the first dishes to go. There were never any leftovers when she brought it to a potluck or party.
I was one of the pickiest eaters growing up, but I remember actually getting excited whenever my mom made this ramen noodle salad. It would have slightly different mix-ins every time depending on what she had on hand.
Is Crunchy Asian Ramen Noodle Salad easy to customize?
That’s the beauty of salads – you can decide what you want to add to change things up. 🙂
I usually include:
- shredded Napa cabbage
- red cabbage
- sliced green onions, and
- shredded carrots.
You can use regular green cabbage if you like, or to make things easier, a package of your favorite coleslaw mix.
For today’s version, I left out the chicken and added some shelled edamame, sliced mango, fresh cilantro and for some added crunch and spice — toasted ramen noodles and crushed as well as some whole Blue Diamond Sriracha flavor almonds.
Blue Diamond Almonds make a variety of almond flavors and the bold sriracha flavor is one of their newest flavors. These almonds are perfect for snacking, especially if you’re a fan of sriracha and all things spicy like I am.
What type of dressing should I use on the salad?
My favorite part of this Asian noodle salad recipe is the super simple dressing. It’s so easy to put together.
It’s made with:
- rice wine vinegar
- sesame oil
- minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste, and
- any type of neutral oil
My mom used to add a touch of fish sauce for an umami kick, but I decided to leave that out since we have the sriracha almonds. I added a pinch of crushed red chili flakes instead.
This amazingly crunchy Asian ramen noodle salad has an amazing texture and flavor combination. It’s crunchy, tangy, and sweet, with a little spice, and is sure to be a hit at your next summer potluck or cookout.
A sweet, spicy and tangy cold Asian-style salad with crunchy Ramen noodles and Sriracha flavored almonds. So easy to make and perfect for potlucks.
- 7-8 cups 1 medium Napa or Green cabbage shredded; or 2 bags of your favorite coleslaw mix
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 1 cup edamame shelled and cooked
- 1 mango peeled, pitted, and julienned
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 3-4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 package ramen noodles crushed (discard the seasoning packet)
- 1/2 cup Blue Diamond Sriracha Almonds crushed
- Place ramen noodles and half of the almonds in a large-sized zippered plastic storage bag. Seal the bag and crush using a rolling pin.
- In a large bowl, combine the two cabbages, edamame, mango, and carrot.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Pour the desired amount of dressing over salad and toss to combine. Place in the fridge for about 10-20 minutes for flavors to meld.
- Right before serving, fold in ramen noodles, green onions, cilantro and crushed and whole almonds.
- Best enjoyed immediately or on the same day.
**To make this ahead of time, do not add dressing or ramen noodles until right before serving.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. As always, all opinions and recipe are 100% my own.