An easy layered fudge with rich chocolate and creamy peanut butter. Makes the perfect sweet treat or for gifting to family & friends.
You can either use your stovetop with the double-boiler method or in your microwave. Just chill the chocolate layer in the fridge while you make the peanut butter layer and spread everything smoothly with an offset spatula.
It all tastes delicious no matter what piece you get 🙂
- 2 cups semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Line an 8" X 8" pan with parchment paper or foil and spray lightly with nonstick spray
Combine the sweetened condensed milk, chocolate and butter in a medium size glass bowl and heat on the stovetop over a double boiler or in the microwave for 90 seconds.
- Stir to combine and heat another 15 seconds if needed. Stir until smooth. Spread the fudge mixture to the pan and spread evenly with an offset spatula. Place in the fridge to chill.
In a heatproof bowl on the stove or in the microwave, melt peanut butter, butter, and vanilla. Stir to combine, it should come together very quickly and be smooth and creamy.
Slowly add the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time. Gently stir to combine thoroughly.
Remove pan from fridge and spread the peanut butter fudge mixture to the pan and spread evenly over the chocolate layer with an offset spatula.
- Let cool on the counter for at least 4 hours before cutting, or chill in the refrigerator. Slice into bite-size servings and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.