Pumpkin Icebox Cake makes the perfect easy no bake make-ahead dessert when you’re craving pumpkin pie. Best of all, takes just minutes to whip up and full of cozy fall flavors with layers of graham crackers and pumpkin cream cheese mousse. Plus recipe video.
As much as I am all for bringing a classic pumpkin pie to a fall gathering, there are just some days I feel like whipping up something quick and simple instead.
This Pumpkin Icebox Cake is one of our favorite fall desserts and best of all, it takes only 10 minutes to assemble.
It’s completely no bake so that means you won’t have to use your oven or stove-top. A great solution if you need that space to cook up a main or side dish instead during the holidays.
PUMPKIN ICEBOX CAKE
This pumpkin icebox cake starts off with layers of graham crackers. They become soft and cake-like when layered between a pumpkin cream cheese mousse. The mousse is made with whipped cream, cream cheese, pure pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice.
To finish it off, you can add a sprinkle of shaved chocolate, chopped pecans and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
So creamy, delectable and makes a heavenly dessert for fall.
Easy No-Bake Pumpkin Icebox Cake
- 2 1/2 cups freshly whipped cream divided (or can use 2 1/2 cups of your favorite whipped topping like Cool Whip)
- One 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1/4 powdered sugar
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 12 graham crackers
- Optional Toppings
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- shaved chocolate
- caramel sauce
- powdered sugar
- Using a hand mixer or a in stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add pumpkin puree, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice and continue beating until smooth and well combined. Fold in 2 cups of freshly whipped cream or Cool Whip until incorporated.
- Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture in a 8 x 8 pan, coating the bottom of the pan.
- Place 3 graham crackers across the center of pan and then break up 1 or 2 more crackers as needed to fill in the gaps. Spread half of the cream cheese mixture on top.
- Top with another layer of graham crackers, breaking them as needed to make them fit. Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Top with the final layer of graham crackers. Spread the reserved 1/2 cup freshly whipped cream over evenly.
- Sprinkle on chopped pecans and shaved chocolate
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight until the graham crackers have softened completely. Prior to serving, drizzle with caramel sauce and sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. Serve chilled.
- *To make freshly whipped cream
- With a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer, whip 11/2 cups of heavy cream until it just holds stiff peaks. Add 1/4 cup of powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract and whip to combine.
*To make this icebox cake in a 9x13 pan, increase the amounts by 1.5
More easy desserts:
Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting – Cooking Classy
Pumpkin Espresso Bundt Cake – Pastry Affair
Easy Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting – Averie Cooks