These egg waffles are a quick and easy breakfast you can make with as little as one ingredient and less than 5 minutes. All you need is a waffle maker for a healthy, Whole30, low carb, paleo and keto-friendly recipe that is so simple to customize.
WHAT ARE EGG WAFFLES
Looking for the easiest breakfast recipe? These one-ingredient egg waffles couldn’t be more simple! All you need is just one egg per mini-waffle, a mini waffle maker and you’ve got a healthy breakfast that checks off all the boxes.
They’re ready in under a minute and there’s no messy pan to clean up!
Simply scramble one egg per mini egg waffle and pour directly into a mini waffle iron. You can customize them with whatever seasonings you like and they are the perfect way to use up some leftover veggies or protein!
Plus, they are Whole30 compliant, gluten-free, grain-free. low carb, paleo and keto-friendly. And if you’re not vegetarian or on Whole30 for January or September, don’t forget to check out our Chaffles or Keto Waffles using a mini waffle iron.
WHAT WAFFLE MAKER MAKE THE BEST WHOLE30 WAFFLES?
The best part about making these paleo low carb waffles is that you can use any waffle maker you have. These are the two we use:
SO WHERE CAN I BUY THE DASH MINI WAFFLE MAKER?
We bought ours on Amazon, but you can find them at Target, Crate & Barrel and Bed Bath & Beyond.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR BREAKFAST WAFFLES:
So if you’ve ever wondered “can you cook eggs on a waffle maker” the answer is YES! Our easy waffle recipe makes 1 mini waffle in a DASH mini waffle maker.
- one large egg
- sea salt
- black pepper
- onion salt
- everything bagel seasoning
- fresh chopped herbs
- chopped vegetables: spinach, kale
- chopped protein: compliant bacon, sausage, ham etc.
- shredded cheese to make these egg waffles keto
- If you’re using a regular or a Belgian Waffle Maker, you’re going to need to double the recipe and use two large eggs instead of one.
HOW TO MAKE EGG WAFFLES:
- COAT WAFFLE IRON: Lightly spray your waffle maker with cooking spray or ghee and let it heat up on high.
- MAKE THE BATTER: Crack egg (or eggs) in a bowl and add seasonings of choice. Whisk to combine.
- COOK THE CHAFFLES:IF USING DASH MINI WAFFLE MAKER: Pour waffle batter into the middle of your waffle iron and close the lid. Cook until crispy, flip and cook again as necessary.
- SERVE HOT: Transfer waffle to plate and repeat with additional eggs.
CAN YOU FREEZE EGG WAFFLES?
The great thing about making your own crispy egg waffles is that can make a big batch ahead of time on your Sunday meal prep and then freeze them to enjoy throughout the week. Simply place the eggo waffles on a large baking sheet and freeze for 20 minutes. Then transfer to a large freezer bag or an airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
ARE EGG WAFFLES HEALTHY?
More egg recipes:
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, black pepper, onion salt or seasonings of your choice , adjust amount to taste
- compliant sausage, bacon, ham
- chopped / diced vegetables
Lightly coat waffle maker and preheat.
Crack egg (or eggs) in a bowl and add seasonings of choice. Whisk to combine.
Pour mixture into waffle iron. Close lid and cook until desired doneness.
For a crispier waffle, use a spatula or fork to flip the waffle. Close lid and cook for another round or two.
Transfer waffle to plate and repeat with additional eggs.