8 Fat Bomb Recipes are simple to make in under 10 minutes. These keto snacks are perfect when you need more healthy fats to meet your macros. All of these keto fat bomb recipes are freezer-friendly and made with dairy free, low carb and paleo friendly ingredients.
WHAT IS A FAT BOMB?
Are you wondering what a fat bomb is? Keto fat bombs are one of the easiest low carb diet recipes to make yourself. These keto dessert recipes are typically a no bake treat made with a combination of healthy fats, nuts or seeds and one of the most popular ketogenic recipes for people following a low carb high fat diet.
These keto snacks are a great way to get in more healthy fats, especially if you are following a keto diet. You can enjoy them in the morning before a workout, or a mid-day snack for extra energy to get you through the afternoon slump when that sweet-tooth hits.
The keto peanut butter fat bomb recipe would be amazing for days when you’re struggling to get enough fat to meet those macros. Or also on the weekend when you need a sweet pick me up after an extremely rough week.
I love how quick they come together with simple ingredients you already have in your pantry or fridge. Depending on your diet and lifestyle goals, you can pretty much customize them with whatever you like.
Another great thing about fat bombs is that they make a super yummy portable dessert while also fitting into the keto diet’s macro recommendations — low in carbs, high in fat.
CAN YOU MAKE KETO RECIPES AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, absolutely! The best part about these low carb diet recipes is that they work perfectly for meal prep. You can make a big batch of keto dessert recipes ahead of time on your meal prep Sunday and store them in the fridge or freezer.
That way, when you’re craving something sweet or feel like you need a quick and healthy snack, you can just grab one of these fat bombs in the freezer throughout the week.
WHAT ARE THE BEST FAT BOMBS TO MAKE?
There are a ton of keto fat bomb recipes on the internet that you can make. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Almond Butter
- Cashew Butter
- Chocolate Bombs Recipe
- Chocolate Pecan
- “Cookie Dough” Fat Bombs
- Pecan Butter
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs (a healthier Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups recipe)
- Peanut Butter Cups (aka Peanut Butter Fat Bombs)
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS KETO RECIPE:
There are lots of delicious fat bomb recipes that you can find. It’s always a great idea to use ingredients you like or swap for what works for your lifestyle.
For this fat bomb recipe, we are going to keep the ingredients vegan, paleo, low carb and keto-friendly.
- organic coconut oil
- coconut butter
- cacao butter
- NUT or SEED BUTTER: almond butter, cashew butter, pecan butter, peanut butter or sunflower seed butter
- Optional add-ins: cinnamon, vanilla & low carb sweetener (stevia / monk fruit / erythritol) or paleo sweetener (coconut sugar, maple syrup, raw honey) of your choice
Other non vegan / paleo variations include cream cheese, butter, chocolate or freeze-dried fruit.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST KETO FAT BOMBS
- You’re going to start off by melting the coconut oil, coconut butter and cocao butter together either in the microwave or over a double boiler. Stir in your favorite nut or butter. Add any add-ins of your choice.
- Line a muffin tin with silicone or paper liners then divide mixture evenly into each cup.
- Freeze pan until cups harden.
- Serve chilled for a firmer texture. Allow to come to room temperature for a creamier texture.
ARE KETO FAT BOMBS HEALTHY?
Depending on what ingredients you add, yes, these fat bomb recipes can be enjoyed in moderation as part of a healthy diet.
You can eat them for breakfast in the morning, after a workout to give you energy during the day or at night as a bedtime snack. I love to meal prep chocolate fat bombs on Sundays as a healthy grab-and go snack option to grab through the week.
More keto snacks that you might like:
8 Fat Bombs Recipes are the perfect healthy and freezer-friendly snacks for on the go. Simple to make in under 10 minutes with dairy free, low carb and paleo friendly ingredients. Includes Pecan Butter, Chocolate Fat Bomb, Chocolate Pecan, Peanut Butter Cups, Almond Butter Cups, Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs, Cashew Chocolate and Cookie Dough Cups
- 1/3 cup coconut butter (coconut manna)
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/3 cup nut or seed butter of choice (peanut butter, almond butter, pecan butter, cashew butter OR sunflower seed butter if desired)
- 1/4 teaspoon MCT oil , optional
- 1-2 drops liquid monk fruit sweetener , leave out all sweetener if preferred or adjust to taste (sub with other preferred sweetener if desired)
- whole peanut, cashews, pecans or almonds for garnish
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter (coconut manna)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
Heat coconut butter & coconut oil over a double boiler (or microwave) and stir until smooth. Add nut or seed butter of choice. Remove from heat & stir in MCT oil, sweetener (if using) and salt until smooth. Adjust sweetener according to taste.
Divide the nut butter mixture evenly into each muffin cup with a spoon. Tap the pan on the counter to smooth out layer. Freeze for 15 minutes or until firm.
Place 1 whole nut on top of fat bombs before freezing so they stick to the top.
Meanwhile, heat coconut butter & coconut oil over a double boiler (or microwave) and stir until smooth. Whisk in cacao powder (& sweetener if using) until smooth.
Remove muffin pan from freezer and spoon chocolate layer evenly over each nut butter layer - tap pan on counter to smooth out layer. Freeze again for 30 minutes or until firm. Enjoy immediately or store in zip-top bags or airtight container in freezer until ready to enjoy. For a softer texture, remove from freezer and allow to sit at room temperature for 1-2 minutes.