Instant Pot Harvest Chicken with Autumn Vegetables – the perfect easy low carb / keto-friendly all-in-one complete meal for fall. Best of all, this pressure cooker chicken recipe cooks up tender, juicy and full of flavor with Brussels sprouts, pumpkin, broccoli and yellow zucchini. Includes instructions for the Instant Pot & stovetop.
Pin HERE for later and follow my boards for more recipe ideas
During the busy fall months, there’s nothing like having easy one pot and instant pot meals in your arsenal. You just toss a bunch of ingredients into your pressure cooker, and with a press of a button, you can have a warm meal ready and waiting for you in under 30 minutes.
This Instant Pot Harvest Chicken and Vegetables is a riff from slow cooker and sheet pan and a favorite for autumn. It’s full of cozy autumn flavors with hearty vegetables.
The best part is that dinner can be on the table in just 30 minutes with the help of a trusty pressure cooker. And if you don’t have an Instant Pot yet, I’ve even included instructions for the stove-top.
The chicken cooks up tender and juicy with a deliciously flavorful balsamic sauce. It’s made with simple ingredients and packed with so much flavor.
I chose to serve the chicken with some low carb vegetables like pumpkin, Brussels sprouts, broccoli and yellow zucchini so they work perfectly if you’re on a keto diet as well.
But you can also use cauliflower, green beans or any steamed or roasted root vegetables if you prefer!
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT HARVEST CHICKEN VEGETABLES
- You start off by seasoning the chicken with salt, black pepper, sage, rosemary and thyme.
- I used chicken thighs here because I love that they stay tender but I have also made this a number of times with chicken breasts and it still comes out super flavorful.
- Next, you’re going to brown the chicken in the Instant Pot using the sauté function.
- Searing the chicken helps to seal in those amazing juices and gives the chicken that extra layer of flavor. Transfer to plate then add the ghee (or butter for non-paleo), onions, garlic and balsamic vinegar to deglaze while stirring up any brown bits. Add chicken broth and add the chicken back to the pot along with the pumpkin and Brussels sprouts.
- Seal the lid on and cook on High pressure for 6 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use quick release and open the lid.
- Add the broccoli and zucchini and close the lid to steam for about 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken and vegetables to platter; cover loosely to keep warm.
- Press saute on the Instant Pot to cook any remaining sauce for about 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve sauce with chicken and vegetables; sprinkle with rosemary and chopped parsley.
**NOTE: I have the 6 Quart Instant Pot Duo and have NEVER HAD an issue with adding the amount of liquid called for in this recipe but if you do get that “burn” message, you can certainly try adding more liquid.
IS THIS INSTANT POT HARVEST CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES PALEO FRIENDLY?
Yes, this all in one meal is not only keto friendly, it’s also paleo friendly and whole 30 compliant.
WHAT ELSE CAN I SERVE WITH INSTANT POT AUTUMN CHICKEN?
This instant pot autumn chicken would go well with so many sides. I chose to serve it it alone with some Brussels sprouts, pumpkin, broccoli and yellow zucchini to keep it low carb and keto friendly but if you are looking for a heartier meal, it would go perfectly over a plate of roasted or mashed potatoes, Instant Pot quinoa or this Instant Pot rice.
More Instant Pot recipes you might like:
Instant Pot Whole Chicken Rotisserie Style
Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken
Chicken Cacciatore (Instant Pot)
Instant Pot Harvest Chicken with Vegetables - the perfect easy low carb / keto-friendly complete meal for fall. Best of all, this pressure cooker chicken recipe cooks up tender, juicy and full of flavor with Brussels sprouts, pumpkin, broccoli and yellow zucchini. Includes instructions for the Instant Pot & stovetop.
- 6-8 boneless chicken thighs skinless or with skin*
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons ghee , swap with butter if not paleo OR whole 30
- 1/2 small onion , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , sliced or minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup homemade or low sodium chicken broth **PLEASE SEE NOTES BELOW
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts (about 1/2 pound) , trimmed and halved
- 1 cup chopped pumpkin (or butternut squash if not low carb)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 small yellow zucchini , quartered
- Chopped fresh parsley or thyme
- Instant Pot I have the 6 Quart Instant Pot DUO
- OR Cast Iron Skillet
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, rosemary and sage.
- Press the Sauté function (Normal setting) on the Instant Pot and add the olive oil to the pot. (I use a 6 Quart Instant Pot DUO)
- Place chicken in the Instant Pot and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown. This helps to seal in the juices and keep it tender. (You may have to work in batches depending on the size and amount of chicken you are using). Once browned, remove from Instant Pot and set aside.
- Melt ghee in the Instant Pot and stir in the onions and garlic. Add balsamic vinegar to deglaze pan and cook for 1 minute.
Add the chicken broth along with the browned chicken back into the Instant Pot. Add the pumpkin and Brussels sprouts. Lock the lid, and turn the valve to SEALING.
- Select the Manual (older models) or Pressure Cook (newer models) button and adjust the timer to 7 minutes.
- It will take about 5-10 minutes to come to pressure and start counting down.
When done, do a quick release, then remove your Instant Pot lid. Add the broccoli and zucchini then close the lid for 2 minutes to steam.
Once the broccoli is tender, remove chicken and all the vegetables to a platter; cover loosely to keep warm.
- Press saute and cook any remaining sauce for about 2-3 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Serve sauce with chicken and vegetables; sprinkle with rosemary and parsley, if desired.
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat add olive and cook for 4-5 on each side, or until chicken reaches 165 degrees. Transfer browned chicken to plate and set aside.
- Return pan back to heat and melt ghee. Stir in the onions and garlic. Add balsamic vinegar to deglaze the pan while stirring up any brown bits. Add the chicken broth then add the chicken back into the pan until hot.
- Add Brussels sprouts, pumpkin, onion, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender and the onions are beginning to look translucent, about 10 minutes.
Stir in the broccoli and zucchini and cook for 1 minute. Pour in 1/4 cup of the broth. Bring to a boil and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the reserved chicken and remaining 1/4 cup broth. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken with fresh rosemary and chopped parsley and serve hot with your favorite sides. Spoon sauce over chicken and vegetables.
*For chicken breasts: use 3 breasts, sliced horizontally in half.
****I use 1/2 cup of broth in my 6 Quart Instant Pot DUO with no problems or *burning sign - if needed you can increase the amount of liquid if this combination doesn't work for your Instant Pot model