This Keto Cheesecake recipe is so easy to make and the perfect low carb dessert for summer parties, picnics, pot lucks and barbecues. It’s no bake, gluten-free, sugar-free and only requires 15 minutes of prep time. An easy Keto dessert idea you’ll love!
AN EASY KETO CHEESECAKE DESSERT
Summer is just around the corner and that means bring on all the barbecues, picnics and potlucks! If you’re looking for an easy no bake dessert, this Keto Cheesecake is creamy, dreamy and the perfect dessert recipe when it’s too hot to turn on the oven.
It’s such an easy dessert that requires no baking or waterbath and just 10 minutes of prep time. Plus, all you need are simple pantry ingredients that you probably already have especially if you’re already following a ketogenic diet.
This keto cheesecake recipe can also be made ahead of time and has the perfect creamy cheesecake-style texture. And the best part? You can serve this low carb cheesecake with any toppings you like!
We like to top ours with fresh fruit, but melted chocolate, whipped cream, coconut cream, nuts or shaved chocolate would also be delicious!
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR THIS KETO DESSERT:
ALMOND FLOUR CHEESECAKE CRUST:
The best New York Style Cheesecakes typically call for all purpose flour, graham crackers, sugar and butter which are all high in carbs and won’t work on a keto diet.
This delicious almond flour crust requires just 5 ingredients:
- almond flour
- low carb sweetener such as monk fruit sweetener, SWERVE or erythritol
- vanilla extract
- sea salt
You’ll need to chill the low carb cheesecake crust in the fridge for at least 20 minutes so that it sets up. If you prefer to pre-bake the sugar-free crust, you can also bake it at 350 for 10-12 minutes bur I find that it holds up just fine.
KETO CHEESECAKE FILLING:
What I love about no bake cheesecakes is that they are so much easier than a baked cheesecake. You don’t have to worry about over-beating the eggs, a waterbath, your springform pan leaking or your cheesecake cracking.
This low carb cheesecake filling is smooth, creamy and takes like cheesecake mousse. You only need 6 simple ingredients and less than 15 minutes of prep time
- pureed berries
- cream cheese, you want to make sure it’s softened and at room temperature
- sour cream, make sure it’s room temperature
- heavy cream
- powdered monk fruit sweetener (or powdered SWERVE / powdered erythritol) – do not use granula otherwise, your cheesecake will turn out grainy
- vanilla extract
Keep in mind that since this is a no bake cheesecake recipe, the taste and texture will not be exactly like a classic New-York cheesecake but it will still be super delicious!
HOW TO MAKE KETO CHEESECAKE:
- PREP YOUR PAN: Grease or line the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan.
- MAKE THE GLUTEN-FREE CRUST: In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, melted butter, sweetener, vanilla and salt until combined. Using your hands, press dough firmly into the spring-form pan. Freeze while you prepare the filling.
- MIX THE CHEESECAKE FILLING: Puree the berries and sweetener in a blender. Add the cream cheese and blend until smooth. Add the sour cream, vanilla and lemon juice until smooth and lump free. In a separate bowl or stand mixer, beat the cold heavy cream until stiff-peaks form. Fold into the cheesecake filling.
- CHILL THE CAKE: Remove crust from freezer and pour batter over the prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 5 hours or overnight (or freeze for 2-3 hours) before serving. Once the cheesecake is firm, run a sharp knife along the inside of the spring-form to release the cake before you open the spring-form.
- DECORATE: Decorate with fresh blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and strawberry slices on the sides and on top, if desired.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING THE BEST KETO CHEESECAKE:
- It’s important to use room temperature ingredients – particularly the cream cheese to ensure that your cheesecake will be lump-free.
- Always use cold heavy cream, and beat until you get still peaks, about 4-5 minutes
TOPPING AND VARIATIONS:
- use any combination or just one variety of berries you like: strawberry, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries
- add cocoa powder to the cheesecake crust or filling
- top with melted chocolate, nuts or a low carb berry compote
HOW TO STORE A NO BAKE CHEESECAKE:
If you’re wondering if this keto cheesecake freezer-friendly, then you’re in luck. The great thing about this low carb cheesecake is that you can make this 1-2 days ahead of time and store in the fridge or freezer.
You can make the crust 1-2 days ahead of time and freeze it until you’re ready to make the low carb cheesecake filling.
Or you can cover and freeze the cheesecake for up to 2 months. Once you’re ready to serve, let it come to room temperature and decorate the day you plan on serving it.
IS CHEESECAKE ALLOWED ON KETO?
Yes, regular cheesecakes are high in carbs and will raise your glycemic so they are usually a no go on the keto diet. Since this low carb cheesecake is sugar free and made with low carb ingredients, you can certainly eat it as long as you are not eating the entire cheesecake in one sitting.
HOW MANY CARBS ARE IN CHEESECAKE?
The macros for one serving of keto cheesecake:
- 398 calories
- 6 grams NET carbs
- 38 grams fat
- 9 grams protein
THE BEST NO BAKE DESSERT FOR SUMMER PARTIES:
This delicious sugar-free cheesecake is perfect for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and all summer long. And since it’s completely no bake, that means you won’t have to heat up your house on a hot day.
Light, creamy and a delightful summer dessert!
More keto cheesecakes you might like:
Low Carb Strawberry Cheesecake
This Keto Cheesecake recipe is so easy to make and the perfect low carb dessert for summer parties, picnics, pot lucks and barbecues. It's no bake, sugar-free and only requires 15 minutes of prep time.
- 2 cups super-fine blanched almond flour sifted
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 3 tablespoons powdered monk fruit sweetener
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- 2 cups mixed berries of your choice blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and blackberries
- 32 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/3 cup powdered monk fruit sweetener , OR your favorite low carb sweetener
- 3/4 cup sour cream , room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy cream , cold
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- fresh berries
Grease or line the bottom of a 9 inch spring-form pan.
In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, melted butter, sweetener, vanilla and salt until combined. Using your hands, press dough firmly into the spring-form pan. Freeze while you prepare the filling.
Puree the berries and sweetener in a blender. Add the cream cheese and blend until smooth. Add the sour cream and vanilla until smooth and lump-free.
In a separate bowl or stand mixer, beat the cold heavy cream until stiff-peaks form. Fold into the cheesecake filling.
Remove crust from freezer and pour batter over the prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 5 hours or overnight (or freeze for 2-3 hours) before serving.
Once the cheesecake is firm, run a sharp knife along the inside of the springform to release the cake before you open the springform.
DECORATE: Decorate with fresh blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and strawberry slices on the sides and on top, if desired.
Optional: To decorate the sides of the cake: Press berries firmly into the side of the cake, standing up with alternating berries. If they do not stay, brush some glaze on one side and press that side into the cheesecake to stick.
Laura @ Laura's Culinary Adventures -
What a pretty summer dessert! I have never made a cheesecake in a slow cooker before. I need to give it a try!
Cheesecake is so simple, and perfect for bbqs! It is always my go to dessert as it is often a crowd pleaser!
Cheese cake in a slow cooker? I am loving it 😀