This Keto Strawberry Cheesecake is rich, creamy and is the perfect low carb dessert for spring and summer. It’s aan easy no bake cheesecake recipe made with a gluten free almond flour crust and fresh pureed strawberries.
Updated July 2019
KETO STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
Strawberry season has got to be one of the best things about spring and summer. As much as my family enjoys eating strawberries by the handful, using them to make strawberry desserts like strawberry ice cream and strawberry parfaits are just as amazing, especially if you have a gathering or party to attend.
Ever since starting going on a grain free diet and incorporating keto into my life due to my autoimmune flare-ups, I have been slowly trying to convert many of our favorite desserts using low carb and keto friendly ingredients.
WHY WE LOVE THIS KETO STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE RECIPE:
This low carb strawberry cheesecake is not only creamy, dreamy and perfect for summer. It’s also completely no bake, gluten free, grain free, sugar free and keto-friendly.
I love that there’s no water bath to worry about and that there’s less chance of the strawberry cheesecake drying out from over-baking.
That means you can even make this keto strawberry cheesecake even during those hot summer days when you don’t want to turn on your oven.
A delicious low carb Strawberry Cheesecake deserves to be made all year long and is also perfect for special occasions like Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or any other summer potlucks, barbecues, picnics and parties!
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE CRUST WITH ALMOND FLOUR:
The best Strawberry Cheesecakes typically call for all purpose flour, graham crackers, sugar and butter which are all high in carbs and won’t work on a keto diet.
This delicious almond flour crust requires just 5 ingredients:
- almond flour
- low carb sweetener such as monk fruit sweetener, SWERVE or erythritol
- vanilla extract
- sea salt
You’ll need to chill the low carb strawberry cheesecake crust in the fridge for at least 20 minutes so that it sets up. If you prefer to pre-bake the sugar-free crust, you can also bake it at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
NO BAKE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE FILLING:
What I love about no bake strawberry cheesecakes is that they are so much easier than a baked cheesecake. You don’t have to worry about over-beating the eggs, a waterbath, your springform pan leaking or your cheesecake cracking.
This keto strawberry cheesecake filling is smooth, creamy and takes like a cheesecake mousse. You only need 6 simple ingredients and less than 15 minutes of prep time
- pureed strawberries
- cream cheese, you want to make sure it’s softened and at room temperature
- sour cream, make sure it’s room temperature
- heavy cream
- powdered monk fruit sweetener (or powdered SWERVE / powdered erythritol) – do not use granulated otherwise, your cheesecake will turn out grainy
- vanilla extract
- lemon juice
Keep in mind that since this is a no bake strawberry cheesecake recipe, the taste and texture will not be exactly like a baked strawberry cheesecake although it will still be super delicious!
HOW TO MAKE KETO STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE:
- PREP YOUR PAN: Grease or line the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan.
- MAKE THE GLUTEN-FREE CRUST: In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, melted butter, sweetener, vanilla and salt until combined. Using your hands, press dough firmly into the spring-form pan. Freeze while you prepare the filling.
- MIX THE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE FILLING: Puree the strawberries and sweetener in a blender. Add the cream cheese and blend until smooth. Add the sour cream, vanilla and lemon juice until smooth and lump free. In a separate bowl or stand mixer, beat the cold heavy cream until stiff-peaks form. Fold into the cheesecake filling.
- CHILL THE CAKE: Remove crust from freezer and pour batter over the prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 5 hours or overnight (or freeze for 2-3 hours) before serving. Once the cheesecake is firm, run a sharp knife along the inside of the spring-form to release the cake before you open the spring-form.
- DECORATE: Decorate with fresh strawberry slices on the sides and on top, if desired.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING THE BEST KETO STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE:
- It’s important to use room temperature ingredients – particularly the cream cheese to ensure that your cheesecake will be lump-free.
- Always use cold heavy cream, and beat until you get still peaks, about 4-5 minutes
- Be sure to coat the sides and line the bottom of your spring-form pan with parchment paper
- It’s important to chill the cheesecake in the fridge until set
- Use super fine blanched almond flour – Bob’s Red Mill, Trader Joe’s or Costco are the brands I usually buy
- You can swap out the butter for ghee or coconut oil if you prefer
DO YOU NEED TO PUT GELATIN IN A CHEESECAKE?
Some cheesecake recipes call for gelatin but our sugar free strawberry cheesecake recipe uses a combination of cream cheese, sour cream and heavy cream.
Chilling it in the fridge will help the cheesecake to firm and set up so you will not need to add gelatin.
TOPPING AND VARIATIONS:
We like to top our sugar free strawberry cheesecake with fresh fruit, but melted chocolate, whipped cream, coconut cream, nuts or shaved chocolate would also be delicious!
- use any combination or just one variety of berries you like: raspberries, blueberries, blackberries
- add cocoa powder to the cheesecake crust or filling
- top with melted chocolate, nuts or a low carb berry compote
HOW TO STORE A NO BAKE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE:
If you’re wondering if this keto strawberry cheesecake is freezer-friendly, then you’re in luck!
The great thing about carb free cheesecakes is that you can make this 1-2 days ahead of time and store in the fridge or freezer.
You can make the crust 1-2 days ahead of time and freeze it until you’re ready to make the low carb cheesecake filling.
Or you can cover and freeze the cheesecake for up to 2 months. Once you’re ready to serve, let it come to room temperature and decorate the day you plan on serving it.
CAN YOU HAVE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE ON KETO?
New York Style cheesecakes are high in carbs and will raise your glycemic levels, so they are usually a no go on the keto diet. Since this low carb cheesecake is sugar free and made with keto-friendly ingredients, you can definitely enjoy a slice without it kicking you out of ketosis.
HOW MANY CARBS ARE IN A STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE?
The macros for one serving of keto strawberry cheesecake:
- 405 calories
- 6 grams NET carbs
- 39 grams fat
- 8 grams protein
THE BEST STRAWBERRY DESSERT FOR SUMMER PARTIES:
This delicious sugar-free strawberry cheesecake is perfect for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and all summer long. And since it’s completely no bake, that means you won’t have to heat up your house on a hot day.
Light, creamy and a delightful summer dessert!
More low carb desserts you might like:
This Keto Strawberry Cheesecake is rich, creamy and is the perfect low carb dessert for spring and summer. It's aan easy no bake cheesecake recipe made with a gluten free almond flour crust and fresh pureed strawberries.
- 1 lb fresh strawberries , hulled, washed and patted dry
- 2/3 cup powdered Lakanto monk fruit sweetener OR powdered sweetener of your choice
- 32 ounces full fat cream cheese (four 8 oz. packages)
- 1/2 cup full fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream , chilled
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- fresh strawberries for garnish
Grease or line the bottom of a 9 inch spring-form pan.
In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, melted butter, sweetener, vanilla and salt until combined. Using your hands, press dough firmly into the spring-form pan. Freeze while you prepare the filling.
Puree washed and dried strawberries in a blender or food processor until smooth then strain through a sieve (you should have about 1.5 cups). Add the concentrated strawberry puree back to the blender and add sweetener, followed by the cream cheese and blend until smooth. Add the sour cream, vanilla and lemon juice and continue blending until smooth and lump-free.
In a separate bowl or stand mixer, beat the cold heavy cream until stiff-peaks form. Fold the strawberry cheesecake filling into the heavy cream bowl until combined.
Remove crust from freezer and pour batter over the prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 5 hours or overnight (or freeze for 2-3 hours) before serving.
Once the cheesecake is firm, run a sharp knife along the inside of the springform to release the cake before you open the springform.
- Decorate with fresh strawberries, if desired.