The BEST Chocolate Cheesecake is perfect for the ultimate chocolate lover! A fudgy brownie bottom, topped with the best creamy chocolate cheesecake, chocolate ganache and whipped cream.
Cheesecakes may seem intimidating, but they really are easy to make. With a little time, planning and a few tips and tricks, you can most definitely master the most perfect chocolate cheesecake. The best part is that once you do, you’ll be hooked.
Plus cheesecake is sure to be a winner at the Christmas table and there are so many ways you can mix up the flavors too.
Back in October for my husband’s birthday, I made him this decadent Chocolate Cheesecake with a brownie bottom. You’ve got a thick and fudgy brownie bottom topped with a creamy chocolate cheesecake filling. Seriously so amazing and the best of both worlds.
And of course I had to make this cake extra special for this occasion. So I added a layer of chocolate ganache, some shaved chocolate and swirls of vanilla whipped cream.
This decadent Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake is sure to impress at your next family gathering or holiday party.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE BROWNIE
You’re going to start off by making a homemade brownie batter for the crust. What I love about this brownie recipe is that it comes together easily in just one bowl.
Make it right in the springform pan and while it bakes, you can start putting together the cheesecake filling.
The filling uses a combination of melted chocolate and powdered cocoa for its tasty chocolate flavor.
Once the brownie is done baking, add the cheesecake filling on top and prepare the pan for a water bath. The water bath ensures that the cheesecake bakes up perfectly soft and creamy.
Allow the cheesecake to cool off then dress it up with a layer of chocolate ganache, shaved chocolate and vanilla whipped cream.
This delicious chocolate brownie cheesecake is rich, decadent and perfect for a holiday party or for your dinner table.
Chocolate lovers rejoice! This chocolate cheesecake is beyond creamy and decadent. A brownie layer with a chocolate cheesecake filling, this will definitely satisfy your chocolate sweet tooth!
- 3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- shaved chocolate
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper and grease the sides. Wrap the outer layer of the pan with a double-layer of heavy duty aluminum foil to prevent leaking.
- To make the brownie, combine the melted butter and melted chocolate in a large bowl until smooth. Whisk in both sugars until combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Add the baking powder, salt and slowly mix in the flour until smooth and just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake in preheated oven for 22-25 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and set aside.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300°F.
- Using a stand mixer (or hand mixer) on low speed, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat slowly, until just smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down after each addition.
- Add melted chocolate, cocoa powder, flour, and vanilla together until smooth.
- Add the sour cream and beat on low speed until smooth and combined.
- Pour cheesecake batter over brownie layer and spread evenly. The pan will be very full.
- Place springform pan inside another pan. Fill outside pan with enough warm water to go about almost half-way up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake at 300°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes. The center will be slightly jiggly.
- Turn off the oven, and allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven with the door closed for 20 minutes.
- Crack open the door and leave the cheesecake in the oven for 30 minutes or until set. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and discard aluminum foil wrapping. Cover and refrigerate until firm, 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Once the cheesecake is completely cool, remove springform pan sides from cheesecake and place cheesecake on a serving plate.
- Place the chocolate chips in a heat-safe bowl.
- Using a double-boiler or the microwave, heat the heavy whipping cream until it just begins to boil, then pour over the chocolate chips. Allow the mixture to sit undisturbed for 1-3 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
- Spread the ganache onto the cheesecake into an even layer. Garnish with shaved chocolate and whipped cream, if desired.
*Total time does not include chilling.