Peach Crisp – an easy summer recipe full of juicy peaches and a thick cinnamon oat crumb topping. Best of all, this classic dessert is gluten free, butter free and has less added sugar.
Although summer is slowly winding down, I am still not quite ready to let go of fresh summer fruit.
What I love about crisps is that you can use any combination of your favorite fruits. Just add a crumbly cinnamon oat topping on top, and then let it bake to crispy perfection.
This Easy Peach Crisp is such a great way to use up those juicy summery peaches, but it’s less in added sugar.
I swapped out regular sugar with SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener. It’s made with a cleaner-tasting part of the stevia leaf and provides the same sweetness as two teaspoons of sugar but with no calories.
And instead of butter, this peach crisp is made with coconut oil and is also completely gluten-free. Arrowroot starch (or corn starch) helps to thicken up the filling so it holds together when you’re serving it.
The cinnamon oat crumble on top of this peach crisp is also insanely delicious. It bakes up all beautiful, golden and crispy, and is the perfect contrast to the sweet, juicy, warm peaches.
Also, the mini serving portions makes this perfect for sharing with guests. Enjoy this peach crisp on its own or with a scoop of frozen yogurt or vanilla ice cream.
Either way you choose, it’s the perfect way to celebrate the last few weeks of summer!
This post is created in partnership with SPLENDA® Sweetener Products as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™ #SplendaSweeties #SweetSwaps
Sweet peaches with a crumbled topping is the ultimate way to enjoy this Summer fruit. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream for the best dessert recipe!
- 4 cups ripe peaches peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons SPLENDA® Stevia Sweetener
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats certified gluten free if necessary
- 3/4 cups oat flour
- 4 Tablespoons SPLENDA® Stevia Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil softened
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place six (8) ounce ramekins and place on a baking sheet. Grease with coconut oil or baking spray. (Alternatively, you can also make this in a greased 8x8 baking pan). Set aside.
- To prepare the filling: In a large mixing bowl, toss together the peaches, sweetener, arrowroot starch, vanilla extract, and cinnamon until thoroughly combined. Divide evenly into ramekins or spread into baking pan.
- To prepare the topping: Wipe down the same mixing bowl and toss in the oats, oat flour, sweetener, cinnamon, and salt. Add coconut oil and use your fingers to combine mixture until it's moist and crumbly.
- Spoon the mixture evenly among the ramekins covering the filling.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 35-45 minutes, or until the filling is bubbling around the edges and the top is lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow the crisp to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with a scoop of plain yogurt, frozen yogurt or vanilla ice cream.