These Peanut Butter Blossoms are a low carb keto cookie recipe of the classic holiday peanut butter kiss cookies and just as delicious! Soft and chewy keto peanut butter cookies with a melted sugar-free chocolate center.
EASY FLOURLESS PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
This yummy peanut butter cookie recipe is a healthier take on the classic easy peanut butter kiss cookies. They are super easy to make and perfect if you are a peanut butter and chocolate lover! And instead of using Hershey’s Kisses, we’re going to fill the centers with melted sugar-free chocolate.
The gluten-free peanut butter cookies are soft, chewy and require less than 6 ingredients. Plus, they are super simple to customize depending on what you have in your pantry.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE LOW CARB PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES:
Classic Hershey kiss cookies are made with peanut butter, all purpose flour, a cup of granulated sugar or brown sugar, butter, baking soda and Hershey’s Kisses.
Our gluten free peanut butter cookies are refined-sugar free and use only FOUR (4) main ingredients. The best part about these keto peanut butter cookies is that you probably already have the ingredients in your kitchen pantry, especially if you’re already following a low carb keto diet.
FOR THE CHOCOLATE “KISS” CENTER:
- Organic dairy-free sugar-free chocolate buttons – You can use Santa Barbara Chocolate or even chopped chocolate of your choice
- dairy-free chocolate chips (Enjoy Life) OR sugar-free chocolate chips (Lily’s Sweets)
FOR THE SUGAR-FREE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES:
- peanut butter (use smooth or crunchy)
- granulated or golden monk fruit sweetener (or use your favorite low carb sweetener such as SWERVE, erythritol etc) – you can also sub with coconut sugar
- superfine blanched almond flour – for better structure
OPTIONAL BUT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO HELP BRING OUT THE FLAVOR:
- pinch of sea salt
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS:
- PREHEAT THE OVEN AND PREP THE BAKING SHEET: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
MAKE THE BATTER: In a large bowl, beat together the peanut butter and monk fruit sweetener until smooth. Add the egg and almond flour and mix until well combined. At this point, you can also add vanilla, cinnamon, or a pinch of salt to bump up the flavor.
ROLL INTO BALLS: Scoop out 1.5 tablespoon-sized dough balls. Roll into an extra bowl of granulated monk fruit sweetener, to coat the outside of the dough ball.
Place dough balls on prepared baking sheet and then use your thumb OR a 1/4 teaspoon sized SPOON to make an indent in the center.
BAKE: Bake in preheated oven for 9 – 10 minutes, until the cookies are just slightly browned on the bottom. Be careful not to over-bake. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes, then press a sugar-free chocolate wafer, chopped chocolate or sugar-free / dairy-free chocolate chips in the middle. Allow to cool completely for the cookies and chocolate to set and harden.
WHAT OTHER SWEETENERS CAN I USE IN SUGAR FREE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES?
Monk fruit sweetener is my preferred sweetener I use in my low carb desserts. I find it mimics the taste of regular sugar the most without any aftertaste or cooling effect like I get with other sugar free sweeteners.
If you don’t have monk fruit sweetener, feel free to use erythritol or SWERVE if those are your preferred sugar free sweeteners. You may have to adjust the amount according to your taste.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS GLUTEN FREE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH RECIPE:
- super easy to make with just 4 main ingredients
- less than 10 minutes of prep time
- a one bowl recipe
- no mixer required
CAN I FREEZE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES?
Yes, absolutely! I always make a double batch of grain free cookies since they are perfect for making ahead and they’re freezer friendly!
HOW TO FREEZE KETO PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES?
To freeze your peanut butter thumbprint cookies, simply place the entire baking sheet of baked cookies in the freezer for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, transfer to a resealable bag or an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
ARE PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS KETO?
Typical Thumbprint Hershey Kiss cookies are made with high carb flours and refined sugars so they are not low carb or keto.
These dairy free peanut butter cookies are made with just a few simple low carb ingredients and the macro nutritional facts for ONE peanut butter blossom cookie is:
- 117 calories
- 3g Net Carbs = 4g Total carbs – 1g Fiber
- 10g Fat
- 5g Protein
More peanut butter recipes you’ll love:
These Peanut Butter Blossoms are a low carb keto cookie recipe of the classic holiday peanut butter kiss cookies and just as delicious! Easy keto peanut butter cookies with a melted sugar-free chocolate center.
- 1 cup natural unsweetened peanut butter , (use natural cashew butter or even almond butter for paleo)
- 1 large egg , room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated or golden monk fruit sweetener , plus more for sprinkling on the tops if desired (you can also use your preferred low carb sweetener) (can also sub with coconut sugar)
- 2 tbsp superfine blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 15 organic sugar-free chocolate wafers, dairy-free Enjoy Life / Hu's Kitchen chocolate chunks OR 1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips (We usually use Santa Barbara wafers or Lily's Sweets chocolate chips)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, beat egg, peanut butter, monk fruit sweetener and vanilla until smooth. Stir in almond flour, salt and cinnamon, if using.
Roll dough into 1.5 TBSP-sized dough balls and roll into a bowl with more sweetener for a crystallized crunch.
Place dough balls on prepared baking sheet then use your thumb 1/4 TEASPOON-sized spoon to make an indent in the center.
Bake in preheated oven for 9 to 10 minutes, until the cookies are just slightly browned on the bottom. Be careful not to over-bake as the cookies will continue to cook. After 2 minutes, press chocolate wafer in the middle or sprinkle in 3-5 chocolate chips. Allow to cool completely for the cookies and chocolate to set and harden.