This easy Pumpkin Overnight Oatmeal recipe is a healthy, gluten free twist on the classic pumpkin pie. Made with pure pumpkin, cozy spices and hearty oats.
Since these 8 overnight oats are such a reader favorite, I’ve been slowly trying to give each of those recipes their own post along with the nutritional breakdown.
Have you guys heard of overnight oats? Overnight oats are just uncooked old fashioned oats that you soak with liquid overnight.
They require less than 5 minutes of prep time and are super easy to customize and I love that you can make a batch on meal prep Sunday with your favorite flavors.
These Pumpkin Overnight Oats are a twist on the classic pumpkin pie in easy breakfast form. My family loves anything with pumpkin and this oatmeal recipe is just perfect for fall mornings when you don’t feel like turning on the oven.
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE OVERNIGHT OATMEAL?
All you need to make overnight oats are just a few simple pantry ingredients:
- Oats: Overnight oats are typically made with old-fashioned rolled oats and sometimes quick oats. Use gluten free as needed.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds give overnight oats that thick pudding-like texture and add extra fiber but feel free to leave them out if you aren’t a fan.
- Milk: Use your favorite dairy or dairy-free milk you like or have on hand. We usually like to use almond but coconut milk, cashew milk all work great for a vegan option.
- Yogurt – You can add a combination of milk and yogurt to make your oats extra creamy .
- Fruit: Have fun with your toppings. Add fruit that won’t get mushy directly into the mason jar or toss them on directly on top of the oats when you’re ready to eat.
- Sweetener: Leave out or use any sweetener you like – honey, maple syrup, a ripe banana, dates or any low-carb liquid sweetener like stevia, monk fruit or erythritol will work.
- Nut or seed butter: Almond butter, cashew butter, pumpkin butter, sunflower seed butter and or peanut butter add that savory-nutty flavor and a certain creaminess.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN OVERNIGHT OATS:
- Start by combining rolled or old fashioned oats with your favorite milk and / or coconut or Greek yogurt in a 8 oz. mason jar, resealable container or a bowl. These 7 oz jars are the ones you actually see in the photos and are currently my favorite ones.
- Add pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, maple syrup, pumpkin seeds and cranberries. Alternatively, you can layer the pepitas and cranberries separately in the middle like the photos.
- Seal up the container and park it in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, you can heat the glass jar up in the microwave for a hot breakfast or enjoy your overnight oats cold straight from the fridge. Feel free to add more milk and any fun toppings of your choice.
FOR SUNDAY MEAL PREP:
OTHER FLAVOR OPTIONS FOR OVERNIGHT OATMEAL:
Apple cinnamon, banana, blueberries or for more Overnight Oatmeal options – be sure to check this post out with 8 fun flavors!
Pumpkin Overnight Oats are a healthy gluten free twist on the classic pumpkin pie. Made with pure pumpkin, cozy spices and hearty oats.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats gluten free as needed
- 2/3 - 3/4 cup almond milk or your favorite milk for a non-vegan version - you can add half milk and half Greek yogurt for creaminess as well
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp pure pumpkin puree canned or fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pecans chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepitas (pumpkin seeds) plus more for topping
- 1 teaspoon ground cranberries plus more for topping
- Add oats, milk and chia seeds together in a mason jar, resealable container or a bowl. (If you like your oatmeal more creamier, you can add more milk and less if you like them on the chunkier side - you can also add an extra 2 tablespoons yogurt (dairy free if needed) to make them creamier).
Stir in maple syrup, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, pecans, pepitas and cranberries.
- Shake jar or mix and combine with a spoon. Seal and chill in fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Enjoy cold or heat up in the microwave or stove-top.
- Serve with more milk as desired and top with more pepitas and cranberries before serving, if desired.