This Snickers Cake is a heavenly fusion of the classic candy bar with delicious layers of chocolate, caramel, and nutty goodness. Indulge in this gluten-free and dairy-free dessert that is sure to be a hit for any occasion.
Indulge in Deliciousness: Snickers Cake Recipe
Are you craving a sweet and indulgent treat that will satisfy your dessert desires? This Snickers Cake is a delectable creation with a heavenly combination of moist cake layers, velvety frostings, and irresistible Snickers bars. Whether you have a special occasion or simply want to treat yourself, this chocolate snickers cake is perfect for any time you want to enjoy a slice of pure delight.
Whether you’re an experienced baker or a novice in the kitchen, this delectable cake recipe is sure to impress your taste buds and those of your friends and family. Don’t hesitate to indulge in the sweet, caramel, and chocolatey goodness of this dessert.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
For the Cake
- Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour: To create a gluten-free cake base, ensuring it’s suitable for those with dietary restrictions.
- Baking Soda and Baking Powder: Essential leavening agents for a perfectly risen cake.
- Ground Cinnamon: Adds a warm and aromatic flavor to the cake.
- Unsweetened Applesauce: Provides moisture and natural sweetness. You can also sub with a plain thicker Greek-style (dairy-free or regular) yogurt or pure pumpkin puree.
- Vegan Butter: For a dairy-free option or use ghee or regular butter if preferred.
- Maple Sugar and Coconut Sugar: Natural sweeteners that add depth to the cake’s flavor. You can also sub with another lower sugar granulated sweetener of your choice such as monk fruit sweetener, Swerve or even regular granulated cane sugar or brown sugar if you don’t have any dietary concerns.
- Eggs: Ensure your cake is moist and holds together.
- Pure Vanilla Extract: Enhances the overall flavor.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk: Keeps the cake moist and adds a subtle nutty flavor. You can sub with another milk if preferred.
- Avocado Oil: Or any neutral oil of your choice to make the cake extra tender.
Salted Caramel Frosting
- Vegan Butter: Again, choose your preferred option – vegan, ghee, or regular butter.
- Dairy-Free Cream Cheese: For a lactose-free alternative.
- Pure Vanilla Extract: Adds a rich and aromatic touch.
- Vegan Caramel Sauce: Create a luscious caramel flavor.
- Dairy-Free Creamer: Ensure the frosting has the perfect consistency.
- Sea Salt: To balance the sweetness.
- Powdered Sugar: Sweeten and thicken the frosting to perfection.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Vegan Butter: Vegan, ghee, or regular butter, the choice is yours.
- Unsweetened Cocoa: To create the ultimate chocolatey frosting.
- Pure Vanilla Extract: For an extra layer of flavor.
- Dairy-Free Creamer: Or a dairy or non-dairy alternative.
- Powdered Sweetener of Choice: Like Lakanto or Swerve, to keep it sweet without sugar.
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips: Choose your favorite brand.
- Dairy-Free Creamer: Use a dairy-free or regular creamer, depending on your preference.
- Chopped Snickers: To enhance the Snickers experience.
- Chocolate Covered Pretzels: A sweet and salty twist.
- Caramel Popcorn: A fun and crunchy addition.
Instructions: Snickers Cake
- Preheat the Oven: Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare Cake Pans: Lightly coat three 6-inch round cake pans with cooking spray and line the bottoms with parchment paper.
- Prepare Cake Batter: In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt). In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, vanilla, applesauce, and oil. Mix in the dry ingredients and milk.
- Bake the Cake: Divide the batter evenly into the prepared pans and bake for 22-27 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the cakes to cool in the pans for at least 20 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack.
- Prepare Frostings: Make the salted caramel frosting by creaming together butter and cream cheese, then adding vanilla, caramel sauce, and powdered sugar. For the chocolate buttercream frosting, cream the butter, mix in cocoa powder, and add powdered sugar and creamer as needed.
- Make Chocolate Ganache: Melt chocolate chips with creamer and let it cool to room temperature.
- Assemble the Cake: Place the first cake layer on a plate or cake stand. Spread chocolate frosting and sprinkle chopped Snickers. Add the second layer with salted caramel frosting, then the final layer with more chocolate frosting.
- Crumb Coat: Apply a thin layer of salted caramel frosting on the top and sides of the cake and place it in the freezer to set for about 10 minutes.
- Final Frosting: Apply a thick and even layer of frosting to the cake.
- Decorate: Top the cake with chocolate ganache, Snickers, caramel corn, and chocolate-covered pretzels.
Tips for Success
- Measure Ingredients Correctly: For the best results, ensure accurate measurements, especially when using gluten-free flours.
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Bring eggs and dairy to room temperature for smoother mixing and a lighter cake.
- Do Not Overmix: Overmixing can lead to a tough cake, so mix until just combined.
- Allow Cakes to Cool: Give your cake layers time to cool before frosting to prevent melting or sliding.
- This Snickers Cake is an absolute showstopper at parties and celebrations.
- Serve each slice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra indulgent treat.
Variations and Substitutions
- Customize the cake by using different chocolates or candies for the topping.
- Experiment with various frostings or fillings to suit your taste preferences.
- Feel free to use regular dairy ingredients if you’re not following a dairy-free diet.
Storage and Freezer Instructions
- Store: Keep the cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Freeze: To freeze unfrosted cake layers, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: Can I use regular all-purpose flour instead of gluten-free flour?
A1: Yes, you can use all-purpose flour if you’re not following a gluten-free diet.
Q2: Can I substitute dairy ingredients for the vegan or dairy-free options?
A2: Absolutely, you can use regular dairy butter, cream cheese, and heavy cream if you prefer.
Q3: How should I store the leftover cake?
A3: Store the cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. If you have unfrosted cake layers, wrap them and store in the freezer for 2-3 months.
Q4: Can I make this cake in advance for an event?
A4: Yes, you can make the cake layers in advance and freeze them. Assemble and decorate the cake on the day you plan to serve it for the best results.
Q5: Can I use different chocolates or candies for the topping?
A5: Of course, feel free to get creative with your toppings. Try your favorite chocolates or candies to customize the cake.
Q6: What’s the best way to serve this cake?
A6: This cake is perfect for parties and celebrations. Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra treat.
More celebration cake recipes you will love:
This Snickers Cake is a heavenly fusion of the classic candy bar with delicious layers of chocolate, caramel, and nutty goodness. Indulge in gluten-free and dairy-free goodness and enjoy a divine treat that's perfect for any occasion.
- 2-2/3 cups gluten-free 1-to-1 baking flour , measured correctly - spoon + sweep method. You can also try subbing with cassava flour, gluten-free fine oat flour or all-purpose flour if you 're not gluten-free
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce , you can also sub with a plain thicker Greek-style (dairy-free or regular) yogurt or pure pumpkin puree if you prefer not to use applesauce.
- 1/2 cup vegan butter , softened. You can also sub with ghee or unsalted butter if you're not dairy-free.
- 1 cup granulated maple sugar , you can also sub with another lower sugar granulated sweetener of your choice such as monk fruit sweetener, Swerve or even regular granulated cane sugar
- 1 cup coconut sugar , you can also sub with another lower sugar granulated sweetener of your choice such as golden monk fruit sweetener, brown Swerve or even brown sugar.
- 3 large eggs , room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk , room temperature - or sub any milk of choice
- 1/2 cup avocado oil , or any neutral oil of choice
- 1 cup vegan butter. You can also sub with ghee or unsalted butter if you're not dairy-free.
- 1 cup dairy-free cream cheese. softened - such as Kite-Hill. You can also sub with regular cream cheese if you're not dairy-free.
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegan caramel sauce , or regular caramel sauce. Feel free to use homemade or store-bought.
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free creamer. You can also sub with a thick coconut milk or regular heavy cream.
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter. You can also sub with ghee or unsalted butter if you're not dairy-free.
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon dairy-free creamer. You can also sub with a thick coconut milk or regular heavy cream.
- 1 1/2 cups powdered confectioners sugar / powdered sweetener of choice , such as Lakanto or Swerve
- 1/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips of choice , we like Pascha's Chocolate, Lily's Sweets, Hu's Kitchen - regular chocolate chips work too.
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free creamer. You can also sub with a thick coconut milk or regular heavy cream.
- 2/3 cup chopped Snickers divided
- small handful of chocolate covered pretzels
- small handful caramel popcorn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the cake: Lightly coat three 6-inch round cake pans with cooking spray and line bottoms with a round of parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer on medium speed, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy - about 4 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, scraping down after each addition. Add vanilla, pumpkin puree and oil and mix well to incorporate. Beat in half of the flour mixture then 1/2 of the milk mixing well after each addition. Stir in remaining flour and milk with a spatula. Do not overmix.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared pans. Bake for 22-27 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove pans from oven and allow to sit in the pan for at least 20 minutes. Flip and cool completely on wire rack before decorating.
- For the salted caramel frosting: In a large bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth - around 5 minutes. Beat in vanilla and caramel sauce until combined then turn the mixer to low and add powdered sugar until smooth. Turn the mixer back to high speed and add heavy cream as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- For the chocolate buttercream frosting: In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy - around 3 minutes. Beat in vanilla then turn the mixer to low and add cocoa powder and powdered sugar and mix until combined. Turn the mixer back to high speed and add heavy cream as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- To make the chocolate ganache: place chocolate chips in a medium heat-safe bowl. In a small saucepan over low heat, heat the heavy cream until just before it boils. Pour hot cream over the chocolate chips and allow the mixture to sit for 1 minute. Use a spatula to stir the mixture until smooth. Allow the ganache to cool to room temperature before pouring it on the cake.
- Assemble the layers by placing the first layer on a plate or a cake stand. Spread a generous layer (around 1/4-1/3 cup) of chocolate frosting with an offset spatula. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of chopped Snickers over evenly. Take the second layer and add 1/4-1/3 cup of salted caramel frosting. Sandwich cake layer frosting side down on top of the Snickers layer.
- Using your clean hands, gently press down on the top of the unfrosted top of the cake, to ensure cake is level and sticks together.
- Repeat by adding another 1/4 cup of chocolate frosting to the top of the unfrosted cake. Sprinkle on another tablespoon of Snickers over and take the final layer and add 1/4 cup salted caramel frosting and place on top of the Snickers. Push down one last time and adjust to make sure cake is level and straight.
- Apply a thin crumb coat of salted caramel frosting on the top and sides of the cake. Place in the freezer to harden the crumb coat for about 10 minutes.
- Apply a thick and even layer of frosting and spread smoothly using an offset spatula or cake smoother.
- Top with chocolate ganache, Snickers, caramel corn and chocolate covered pretzels. Decorated cake is best enjoyed the same day or wrap and freeze unfrosted cake layers.