This Simple Easy Hummus Without Tahini is super simple to make and just perfect for a quick snack. Best of all, takes less than 10 minutes to prepare. Cheaper and better than the packaged stuff.
Basically, if you own a food processor or a blender you can whip up delicious homemade hummus in less than 10 minutes.
For this Easy Hummus Without Tahini, you will need:
- Chickpeas / Garbanzo
- Fresh lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Paprika and or cumin
Plus any other seasonings you like. I love adding roasted garlic to bump up the flavor. Or even some cayenne pepper and red pepper chili flakes for a kick of heat.
This hummus is so easy, simple and super satisfying. Serve with some pita bread, chips or some veggies. It’s also delicious as a sandwich spread – or enjoy it straight from the bowl.
Simple & Easy Hummus Without Tahini
This Simple Easy Hummus Without Tahini is super simple to make and just perfect for a quick snack. Best of all, takes less than 10 minutes to prepare.
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans),(rinsed & drained but reserve 1/4 cup of the liquid to thin out the hummus later
- 2 large garlic cloves (if you have time - roasted garlic is awesome in here)
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil (optional)
- chili flakes for garnish
- Place chickpeas in a blender or food processor with garlic, lemon juice, paprika, cumin and reserved liquid from the canned chickpeas. Blend or puree until very smooth, adding more liquid or lemon juice as needed to thin out to desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper and add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil to help achieve a super creamy texture, if desired.
- Serve on pitas, crackers, veggies, or sandwiches. Adjust seasonings as you like and sprinkle with red chili flakes if desired.
*Can store in an airtight glass container in the fridge for up to 5 days or freezer for up to 3 months.
I'd love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it #LIFEMADESWEETER or tag me @lifemadesweeter on Instagram!