S’mores Ice Cream Bars are the perfect easy frozen treat for summer. Best of all, no campfire required and packed with the classic flavors you love about s’mores.
These S’mores Ice Cream Bars combine all the flavors you love about the campfire favorite into a delicious frozen treat.
Recipe for these S’mores Ice Cream Bars
These ice cream bars start off with a no-bake Oreo cookie crust. Pulse the entire cookies in a food processor (or you can add them to a zip-top bag and pound until they are fine crumbs.)
Next, comes a layer of chocolate ice cream – homemade or store-bought. A layer of mini marshmallows gets sprinkled over followed by a creamy layer of this vanilla ice cream – I used my favorite no churn vanilla ice cream.
Finally, the top layer has some more toasted marshmallows with a sprinkle of graham crackers.
These S’mores Ice Cream Bars are easy to whip up and perfect when you’re craving a s’more but nowhere near a campfire.
They make a delicious and refreshing treat to cool down with and flavors that just scream summer.
(Here’s a video of a similar recipe on how to make these S’mores Ice Cream Bars)
- 19 Oreo cookies or any Chocolate Creme Sandwich Cookies, crushed with the cream filling (about 2 cups)
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted
- 3-4 Graham Crackers crushed
- 1-1/2 cups toasted mini marshmallows divided
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line an 8 x 8 square baking dish with parchment or wax paper leaving an overhang for easier removal of the bars. Set aside.
- Make the cookie crust - In a medium-sized bowl or a food processor, add the whole Oreo cookies (no need to remove cream filling) and pulse into fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and blend until well combined. Press mixture into the bottom of lined baking dish. Place in freezer for about 1 hour to set.
- To roast marshmallows - Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Arrange marshmallows on baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 3 minutes until marshmallows are browned on top.
- Assemble - Remove chocolate ice cream and vanilla ice cream from the freezer to soften - about 15-20 minutes. When ready, scoop around 2-1/2 cups chocolate ice cream over the cookie crust and spread evenly using an offset spatula. Sprinkle mini marshmallows on top.
Place pan in freezer to harden slightly (about 10-20 minutes).
- Next, spread the vanilla ice cream over the chocolate ice cream layer evenly. Again, place pan in freezer for 10 minutes if needed to harden slightly.
- Top with prepared toasted marshmallows, crushed graham crackers and mini chocolate chips. Return to the freezer for another 10-20 minutes to set up.
- Lift out of pan using the parchment paper overhang. Allow to sit out for about 5-10 minutes so the crust softens up slightly. Using a very sharp knife, cut into square rectangles. Store bars in freezer until ready to serve.
More frozen treats: