Strawberry Granola makes the perfect gluten-free breakfast or snack. Loaded with crunchy clusters, shredded coconut, white and dark chocolate chips along with freeze-dried and fresh strawberries.
Plus depending on how you feel, homemade granola is super easy to switch up the flavors with what you have on hand.
My kiddos are granola monsters so they are always dreaming about the most amazing combos we can stir up next.
Our latest creation – this Strawberry Granola. I have to say it was one of our favorite granola batches we’ve made in a while.
HOW DO YOU MAKE STRAWBERRY GRANOLA?
- This recipe starts off with some gluten free old fashioned rolled oats.
- For the mix-ins, throw in some shredded unsweetened coconut, sliced almonds, coconut sugar and a pinch of salt to round out the flavors. You can also add some chia seeds, hemp hearts and flax seeds for some extra fiber and protein.
- For the wet ingredients, pour in the maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla.
- Mix everything up until combined and spread onto a large baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes to an hour.
HOW DO I GET LARGE CLUSTERS WHEN MAKING GRANOLA?
Try not to mix up the granola while it’s baking and even afterwards when you let it cool down for an hour. This helps to form those big crunchy clusters. Once the granola is cool enough to handle, you can break up the very large chunks.
WHAT OTHER ADD-INS CAN I USE?
This recipe calls for some freeze-dried strawberries, dark chocolate chunks and white chocolate chips.
Feel free to swap out the strawberries for raspberries, add your favorite nuts, chia seeds hemp seeds or banana chips.
You can also ditch the chocolate entirely for a more wholesome version.
No matter which way you choose, this strawberry granola makes a delicious snack or breakfast served up with a dollop of yogurt or a splash of milk.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats (use gluten free if necessary)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 6 Tablespoons honey can substitute with maple syrup or agave
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut, almonds, coconut sugar, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract. Pour over oat mixture and stir until just combined and moistened.
- Spread granola in an even layer onto the prepared baking sheet and pat down flat with a spatula or your clean hands.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 - 45 minutes or until golden brown, rotating the pan halfway through. (Do NOT stir granola while baking).
- Remove pan from oven and allow granola to cool completely.
- Once cool, break granola into clusters and transfer to an airtight container. Stir in freeze-dried strawberries and all the chocolate chips.
- Serve with yogurt, fresh strawberries or fruit of your choice.