This crispy loaded Wedge Salad is made with crunchy iceberg lettuce topped with cherry tomatoes, red onion and a creamy and flavorful dressing! It’s a simple and healthy side dish or lunch that’s guaranteed to satisfy. Naturally vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, low carb, keto with paleo and Whole30 options.
Updated May 2023
Loaded Wedge Salad Recipe with Homemade Dressing
Craving a veggie-packed dish that’s full of nutrients and flavor? You’re going to love every bite of this Green Cabbage Salad that’s an explosion of freshness with the crispy cabbage, kale, crunchy cucumbers and the creamy avocado! Eating healthy has never felt so divine.
If you’re a fan of a crispy and satisfying salads from Panera, you’re going to be downright obsessed with this crispy kale salad. It’s healthier, easier, fresher, cheaper—and it comes together in a matter of minutes. Plus, our version complies with a much wider variety of dietary restrictions.
What You’ll Need
It’s time to reveal the wholesome ingredients that make up this hearty and satisfying salad. Off we go!
For the Crispy Salad:
- Iceberg Lettuce: You’ll need 1 large head. Cut into wedges.
- Cherry tomatoes: Cut into quarters.
- Vegan feta: Crumbled. We like this brand. Omit for paleo and Whole30.
- Red onion: Thinly sliced
- Vegan mayo: Or Whole30 compliant avocado oil mayo.
- Nutritional yeast: A dairy-free cheese alternative.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Or any vinegar.
- Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed. Lime juice works too – use what you like.
- Dijon mustard: Adds flavor and a nice tang.
- Dried dill: Or fresh dill.
- Garlic: You’ll need 1 clove.
- Salt & Pepper: We like using sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
How to Make Wedge Salad
Putting this salad together is almost too easy. Here’s how it’s done:
- Prepare Greens: Wash and remove any loose outer leaves. Cut the lettuce in half and then half again so you have 4 wedges. Cut off the bottom stems from each piece. Place on a serving plate.
- Make Dressing: Place all dressing ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth and combined.
- Drizzle over Salad: Drizzle dressing over iceberg wedges.
- Add toppings: Top with tomatoes, feta and red onion.
- Serve: Serve and enjoy.
Can I Make it in Advance?
Yes – feel free to make the salad and the dressing up to 1 day before you toss them together and serve. Store them in separate airtight containers in the fridge.
Tips for the Best Results
Determined to whip up the most amazing classic wedge salad of all time? Let’s make it happen!
- Fresh Ingredients are Key: From the produce to the lemon juice, it’s always best to use the freshest ingredients you can get your hands on. That’s what makes this salad so heavenly!
- Make it Your Own: This isn’t one of those recipes that you have to follow super strictly. Go ahead and load up your salad with whatever you’re craving!
- Adjust the Consistency of the Dressing: Once the dressing is blended and smooth, you may want to make it thinner or thicker. To make it thinner, simply add a small amount of water and re-blend it (a little goes a long way!). You can make it thicker by adding more of any solid ingredient.
Wondering what goes well with this crunchy salad? Honestly, we don’t know what doesn’t! We’ve rounded up a few standout pairing options to help you get inspired.
- Serve with Grilled Shrimp: These easy Grilled Shrimp Skewers are served with a zesty lemon butter sauce that’s going to knock your socks off! They complement this salad beautifully.
- Pair with Stuffed Peppers: If you’re looking for a hearty main course that’s vegan-friendly, you can’t go wrong with these Stuffed Peppers. They might just become a new family favorite!
- Serve with Skillet Chicken: This Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken is a low-carb masterpiece. It’s easy to make with a rich garlic sauce that’ll have you licking your plate!
How to Store Leftovers
It’s best to store the dressing separately from the salad if possible. Keep everything in airtight containers in the fridge either way. Enjoy your leftovers within 1-2 days.
Can I Freeze This?
We don’t recommend freezing your iceberg salad or the dressing that goes with it. The thawing process would diminish the quality of the dish.
More Healthy Salad Recipes
Need more nutritious salads in your life? Say no more.
This crispy loaded Wedge Salad is made with crunchy iceberg lettuce topped with cherry tomatoes, red onion and a creamy and flavorful dressing! It's a simple and healthy side dish or lunch that's guaranteed to satisfy. Naturally vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, low carb, keto with paleo and Whole30 options.
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo or Whole30 avocado oil mayo
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp dried dill
- 1 garlic clove , or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt or fine sea salt
- Wash and remove any loose outer leaves. Cut the lettuce in half and then half again so you have 4 wedges. Cut off the bottom stems from each piece. Place on a serving plate.
- Place all dressing ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth and combined.
- Drizzle dressing over iceberg wedges then top with tomatoes, feta and red onion. Serve and enjoy.
*Nutritional info is calculated without the dressing. The nutritional info with the dressing is: 277 calories, 15g carbs, 4g protein and 21g fat.
Store dressing separately from salad if possible. Refrigerate everything in airtight containers for 1-2 days.