Summer Berry Grilled Chicken Salad – an easy and healthy lunch or dinner perfect for busy weeknights or summer potlucks. Made with avocado, cucumber, bacon, strawberries, blackberries and tomatoes with a tangy, fresh and flavorful lemon vinaigrette.
Grilled chicken and cobb salads are my go-to for healthy lunches and weeknight dinners – especially during the hot summer months. Not only are they incredibly delicious, they come together quickly and are so simple to customize. It’s amazing what you can whip up just using whatever extra vegetables or fruit you have in your fridge.
This recipe for Mixed Berry Grilled Chicken Salad is full of mixed greens, sweet summer berries, grilled chicken, Canadian bacon, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and buttery avocado. The tangy lemon Dijon dressing adds so much freshness and flavor to this simple and loaded salad.
And the best part? You won’t have to leave your house if you’re a fan of Wendy’s Berry Chicken Salad or Sam’s Club Berry Chicken.
This grilled chicken salad comes together in no time. All you need is about 30 minutes (or less) to have this delicious salad on your dinner table. It’s also low carb and keto-friendly.
Feel free to add your favorite toppings like chopped nuts and crumbled cheeses. Or leave out the cheese to keep this berry salad paleo and whole 30 compliant.
HOW TO MAKE SUMMER BERRY GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD
- Start off by seasoning the chicken with salt, pepper and drizzle with olive oil and lemon.
- Cook and crumble the bacon then grill the chicken. You can also swap in leftover cooked, roasted or rotisserie chicken for easier prep.
- Prepare and assemble the remaining salad ingredients starting with the lettuce plus any other greens (spinach, romaine, arugula, kale) you like. Add sliced strawberries, blackberries, grape tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, crumbled bacon and feta.
- Add any other toppings you like then drizzle with the simple dressing right before serving. You can even make this with a healthy blueberry vinaigrette if you prefer.
EASY SWAPS FOR THIS BERRY SPINACH SALAD:
- Meatless option: leave out the chicken and bacon
- Quicker prep: use leftover or chopped rotisserie chicken
- Swap in your favorite vegetables or cheese
MAKE AHEAD TIPS:
- Marinate the chicken the night before and store in the fridge in an airtight container or zip-top bag.
- Whisk together the dressing the night before and store in a sealed jar in the fridge.
- Wash and dry the lettuce and mixed greens and store in a large zip-top bag.
More salads you might like:
Mixed Berry Grilled Chicken Salad
Summer Berry Grilled Chicken Salad - an easy and healthy lunch or dinner perfect for busy weeknights or summer potlucks. Made with avocado, cucumber, bacon, strawberries, blackberries and tomatoes with a tangy, fresh and flavorful lemon vinaigrette.
- 1-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to even thickness
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 avocados peeled pitted and cut into slices or chopped
- 4 cups mixed green lettuce chopped
- 6 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 cup fresh strawberries blackberries or blueberries
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cucumber sliced in rounds or chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or blue cheese leave out for whole 30 & paleo
For the vinaigrette:
- 3-4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a resealable zip-top bag, add chicken, salt, pepper, garlic powder and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Grill the chicken:
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 F. Remove the chicken from the grill and tent with foil. Let it rest and cool a bit for about 10 minutes and then slice or chop into bite-sized pieces.
Assemble the salad:
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Drizzle 1 teaspoon over the sliced avocado (to prevent from browning).
- In a large bowl, add the lettuce, then top with cooked pasta, eggs, avocado, bacon, tomatoes, cucumber and cheese, if using. Drizzle with dressing right before serving.