Chicken Cobb Salad has all the classic flavors of the popular favorite with a simple vinaigrette. Made with lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, cucumber, avocado and cheese – perfect for lunch or your next potluck!
When it comes to lunch, healthy loaded salads are my favorite. They are a great way to use up any extra vegetables and protein you have in your fridge.
Cobb Salad is a classic favorite and one of the salads I usually order when we’re out at a restaurant. They are usually a pretty safe low carb and keto-friendly option depending on what dressing you pair them with.
This Chicken Cobb Salad is made with mixed greens, grilled chicken, Canadian bacon, hard boiled eggs, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and avocado.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN COBB SALAD
- Start off by seasoning the chicken with salt, pepper and drizzle with olive oil and lemon.
- For the hard boiled eggs, I usually like to make a large batch using this method to keep on hand during the week for breakfast or to add to my salads.
- Cook and crumble the bacon then grill the chicken. You can also swap in leftover cooked, roasted or rotisserie chicken for easier prep.
- Prepare and assemble the remaining salad ingredients starting with the lettuce plus any other greens you like. Add eggs, grape tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, crumbled bacon and feta.
- Add any other toppings you like then drizzle with the simple vinaigrette right before serving.
Easy swaps for this salad:
- Meatless option: leave out the chicken and bacon
- Quicker prep: use leftover or chopped rotisserie chicken
- Swap in your favorite vegetables or cheese
More salads you might like:
Chicken Cobb Salad
- 1-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to even thickness
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 avocados peeled pitted and cut into slices or chopped
- 4 cups mixed green lettuce chopped
- 3 hard boiled eggs peeled and sliced
- 6 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cucumber sliced in rounds or chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or blue cheese
For the vinaigrette:
- 3-4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a resealable zip-top bag, add chicken, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar and garlic and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Grill the chicken:
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 F. Remove the chicken from the grill and tent with foil. Let it rest and cool a bit for about 10 minutes and then slice or chop into bite-sized pieces.
Assemble the salad:
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Drizzle 1 teaspoon over the sliced avocado (to prevent from browning).
- In a large bowl, add the lettuce, then top with cooked pasta, eggs, avocado, bacon, tomatoes, cucumber and cheese. Drizzle with dressing right before serving.