Salmon Taco Salad – switch up your classic Taco Tuesday with this healthy and delicious Mexican inspired recipe for lunch or dinner. Loaded with mixed greens, cucumber, corn, eggs, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, crispy bacon, jalapenos and tortilla chips. Includes swaps for low carb, keto, paleo and Whole30.
Salmon happens to be my family’s favorite fish because it’s a delicious choice when you’re craving something lighter. Plus it takes no time at all to cook and is packed with protein and healthy Omega’3 fatty acids.
HOW TO MAKE SALMON TACO SALAD:
- Start off by seasoning the salmon with salt, pepper and drizzle with olive oil and lemon.
- You can make the hard boiled eggs while your salmon is cooking or prep them ahead of time the night before. I usually like to make a large batch using this method to keep on hand during the week for breakfast or to add to my salads.
- Cook and crumble the bacon then grill, bake or pan fry the salmon.
- Prepare and assemble the remaining salad ingredients starting with the lettuce plus any other greens you like. Add eggs, grape tomatoes, avocado, corn, black beans, cucumber, jalapenos, crumbled bacon and feta.
- Add any other toppings you like then drizzle with the cilantro vinaigrette right before serving
WHAT SUBSTITUTIONS CAN I MAKE TO THIS HEALTHY SALMON SALAD:
- Meatless option: leave out the salmon and bacon
- Swap in your favorite vegetables or cheese
- For a Low Carb / Keto / Whole30 and Paleo friendly option – leave out the corn, beans and tortilla chips
WHAT OTHER DRESSINGS ARE GOOD WITH SALMON SALAD?
What I love about big salads like this is that they are so versatile and depending on what you like or have on hand. This salmon salad would be great with a green goddess dressing, Whole30 ranch or even a simple honey lime vinaigrette.
MAKE AHEAD TIPS:
- Season the salmon the night before and store in the fridge in an airtight container or zip-top bag.
- Make the dressing the night before and store in a sealed jar in the fridge.
- Wash and dry the lettuce and mixed greens and store in a large zip-top bag
More salads you might like:
More salmon recipes:
Salmon Taco Salad - switch up your classic Taco Tuesday with this healthy and delicious Mexican inspired recipe for lunch or dinner. Loaded with mixed greens, cucumber, corn, eggs, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, crispy bacon, jalapenos and tortilla chips.
- 1 6- ounce salmon fillets
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large avocado peeled pitted and cut into slices or chopped
- 4 cups mixed green lettuce chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs peeled and sliced
- 4 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup leftover cooked corn kernels leave out for keto / paleo / Whole30
- 1/2 cup cooked or canned black beans rinsed and dried (leave out for keto / paleo / Whole30)
- 1/2 cucumber sliced in rounds or chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or blue cheese leave out for paleo or Whole 30
- tortilla chips leave out for keto / paleo / Whole30
- Pat salmon dry. Rub both sides with olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 62 F. Use a fork to flake the cooked salmon into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Heat broiler and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or foil). Place salmon on pan and broil 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Add all the ingredients for the vinaigrette into a blender and blend until smooth.
In a large bowl, add the lettuce and toss with half of the vinaigrette.
Top with flaked salmon, eggs, avocado, bacon, tomatoes, corn, black beans, cucumber, cheese and tortilla chips. Drizzle with dressing right before serving.