Easy Salmon Tacos – packed with flavor and come together in 30 minutes – perfect for your next Taco Tuesday! Topped with lettuce, red cabbage, corn, pineapple and avocado cream.
These easy salmon tacos are fresh, flavorful and perfect when you’re craving something lighter.
They come together in 30 minutes so you can make them on a busy weeknight, lazy Sunday or anytime you’re craving a Mexican fiesta. What I love about tacos is how simple they are to customize depending on what you have on hand.
The best part though? I’ve included instructions for making these salmon tacos in the oven, pan-fried on the stove, or grill them on your next barbecue night.
HOW TO MAKE EASY SALMON TACOS:
- You start off by seasoning the salmon with salt, pepper, chili powder, paprika, lime juice and garlic powder.
- While the salmon is cooking, you can prep and chop the vegetables and make the avocado cream.
- Char or broil the tortillas and assemble with lettuce, red cabbage, pineapple, avocado, cooked salmon and fresh cilantro.
WHAT OTHER TOPPINGS GO WITH SALMON TACOS?
Salmon tacos are so versatile and would also go well with some mango salsa, avocado salsa, diced tomatoes, chopped red onions, guacamole – feel free to go crazy and get even more creative!
No matter what you decide to top these delicious tacos with, they would be amazing for lunch, dinner or as an appetizer for your next summer party.
CAN I MAKE THESE TACOS WITHOUT SALMON?
Yes, absolutely! If you can leave out the salmon and just use vegetables if you prefer. Roasted Cauliflower, tempeh, tofu or sweet potatoes would work as well.
Easy Salmon Tacos - packed with flavor and come together in 30 minutes - perfect for your next Taco Tuesday! Topped with lettuce, red cabbage, corn, pineapple and avocado cream.
- 2-3 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 avocado pitted and cut into chunks
- 1 lime
- 6 tortillas flour, corn or gluten free as needed (I used Siete foods)
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/3 cup chopped pineapple
- sliced radishes for garnish (optional)
- crumbled Cotija cheese for serving
FOR THE AVOCADO CREAM:
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon sour cream or mayo
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
Drizzle the salmon with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper then sprinkle with paprika, chili powder and rub into the salmon pieces.
TO COOK SALMON IN THE OVEN:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place salmon on a greased or parchment (or foil) lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until salmon is cooked and flakes easily with a fork.
TO COOK SALMON ON THE STOVE:
Heat a large heavy-bottomed pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat, and add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add the salmon flesh side down. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until skin is crispy.
TO COOK THE SALMON ON THE GRILL:
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Clean and brush grill lightly with oil (using long tongs with a paper towel).
Place salmon on grill, and cover with lid. Cook for 3 minutes, or until cooked through.
TO MAKE THE AVOCADO CREAM:
- Add the avocado, yogurt, and lime juice in a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add water as needed, to thin out sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
TO ASSEMBLE THE TACOS:
Once the salmon has slightly cooled, peel skin away with a fork and shred into large chunks.
Char the tortillas on a gas stove or broil in the oven until the edges are lightly burnt. Fill each tortilla with avocado cream, lettuce, cabbage, avocado, pineapple, salmon and cilantro. Serve with radish slices and extra lime if desired.