Roasted Cauliflower Tacos – an easy 30 minute vegetarian meal perfect for your next Taco Tuesday. Best of all, full of bold and smoky Tex Mex flavors and a tasty avocado cream.
Tacos are, without a doubt, one of the most loved foods in our house.
In fact, every time I make anything taco related like these Healthy Taco Bowls, they do NOT last long enough to get photographed.
Well, with a little planning and making a TON of extra batches for the family, get ready for a bazillion taco recipes coming your way in the next few months 🌮🥑
Starting with these amazing Roasted Cauliflower Tacos which I shared over on IG Stories last month. I was originally planning on posting these in the summer but got a few messages from people to share the recipe sooner – so here they are 🙂
These delicious vegetarian tacos are a great way to switch up your dinner for Cinco de Mayo or your next Taco Tuesday.
They come together easily in about 30 minutes and are packed with flavor with the perfect balance of crunchy, tender and juicy.
HOW DO YOU MAKE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER TACOS?
These plant-based tacos start off with some smoky, roasted cauliflower (one of my favorite low-carb vegetables) nestled in warm tortillas, topped with a tangy purple cabbage slaw, and drizzled with a dreamy avocado lime crema.
- You’re going to start off by roasting the cauliflower with a drizzle of olive oil, chili powder, cumin, paprika and salt and pepper. Cauliflower is one of my favorite vegetables since they are packed with fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, folate and low in carbs.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, make your sauce, which is comprised of avocado, cilantro, lime and sea salt. Process in your food processor until creamy and then gather the toppings.
- For the cabbage slaw – you can use your favorite prepackaged brand to cut down some prep time or shred your own mix.
- Once the cauliflower is done, nestle them in some heated tortillas, top with some cabbage slaw, add a drizzle of avocado cream.
- Finally, squeeze a splash of lime and sprinkle with some shredded colby jack or cotija cheese for good measure. Of course, feel free to leave out the cheese to keep this recipe vegan.
HOW CAN I MAKE THESE CAULIFLOWER TACOS LOW CARB?
You can totally enjoy this recipe if you’re on a low carb diet. Just swap out the corn or flour tortillas for lettuce leaves, these coconut wraps (I love these ones), low carb tortillas or make your own cheese taco shells.
You might also like these for your next Mexican fiesta:
Roasted Cauliflower Tacos - an easy 30 minute vegetarian meal perfect for your next Taco Tuesday. Full of bold and smoky Tex Mex flavors and a tasty avocado cream.
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small head cauliflower washed and cut into bite-size florets
- 1 large or 2 medium ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- juice from 1 lime about 2 tablespoons
- 8-12 small soft flour or corn tortillas for low carb use coconut wraps or lettuce leaves
- 1/2 package of red cabbage slaw or thinly sliced red cabbage
- Lime wedges
- Cilantro leaves
- Cotijia cheese leave out for vegan
Preheat oven to 415 F degrees. Line or grease a baking sheet. In a medium bowl, whisk together chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, and salt. Place the cauliflower on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, lime, and seasonings. Spread evenly in a single layer. Roast for 20-22 minutes, stirring occasionally during cooking, until cauliflower is golden and tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, add the avocado, cilantro, lime, garlic, and salt to a food processor. Process until smooth.
Heat tortillas and place a few roasted cauliflower inside. Top with cabbage slaw, avocado, cilantro, a splash of lime juice and/or preferred toppings. Drizzle with avocado cream and top with cheese (if desired).