Air Fryer Bacon is the easiest way to make bacon without the mess. Learn how to cook perfectly crispy bacon for a Whole30, low carb, keto and paleo breakfast every time using your air fryer!
Easy Air Fried Bacon
Are you looking for the easiest and most fool-proof way to cook bacon? After you try making air fryer bacon, it will definitely change the way you cook bacon. It’s super easy and saves you the mess and splatter from cooking it in a pan.
And if you’re new to the air fryer, we have a guide on How to Use An Air Fryer with some useful tips and tricks.
Even my husband who says that air fried bacon is a total game changer and he will never cook it any other way. Plus, perfectly crispy bacon makes everything better and even fits into a healthy lifestyle. It’s gluten-free, low-carb, paleo, Keto friendly, and you can find Whole30 compliant brands, too!
Why Make Bacon in the Air Fryer Instead of a Skillet?
While many people love bacon, most of us don’t love making it in a skillet. Making bacon in a skillet can be quite messy and cumbersome. There’s always grease splatter and it requires a constant watching eye. By contrast, cooking your bacon in the air fryer frees up your hands for other needs and keeps the stove-top clean and grease-free.
Once you start cooking bacon in the air fryer, you will never go back to the skillet again. And it’s totally fail-proof but if you don’t have an air fryer, be sure to check out how to cook bacon in the oven post.
You may be wondering if air fried bacon will be as crispy as skillet cooked bacon. Not only can it be crispy, it will also cook more evenly.
How to Make Air Fryer Bacon
To make delicious crispy air fried bacon, I use Whole30 compliant bacon. My favorite options are ButcherBox or Applegate No Sugar Uncured bacon.
- Arrange Bacon: Place your bacon in a single layer in your air fryer basket. Make sure your bacon slices don’t overlap. You may have to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Bake: Set the air fryer to 375F and cook for 5 minutes. Use tongs to flip the slices.Cook again for another 4-6 minutes, depending on your preference.
- Drain: Use tongs to transfer your bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. This will absorb any excess grease. Your bacon will continue to crisp up as it cools.
Tips for How to Make the Best Crispy Bacon
To make your perfectly cooked air fryer bacon, here are a few tips.
- choose a high quality nitrate-free bacon – Our favorite brands include: ButcherBox, AppleGate and TruLocal
- if you like chewier bacon – choose thinner cuts of bacon
- for perfectly crisp bacon – choose thicker cuts of bacon
- drain your baked bacon on a paper towel-lined plate
- save the leftover bacon grease (bacon drippings) for cooking. We call that pure gold and usually pour the leftover fat into a glass jar to add extra flavor.
- You’ll want to layer your bacon in a single layer in the air fryer basket, making sure the pieces do not overlap.
- Use tongs to flip your bacon halfway through.
How Long Do You Cook Bacon in the Air Fryer?
I cook my bacon for 10 to 11 minutes. This time varies depending on the thickness of my bacon cut. I also opt to flip the bacon slices at the 5 minute mark for more even cooking.
What Temperature Makes the Best Bacon in the Air Fryer
I’ve found that 375°F is the best temperature for cooking bacon in the air fryer. At 375F, bacon cooks relatively quickly and also develops my ideal level of crispness. If you’d like to use a lower temperature, you’ll also want to increase the cook time.
How to Store Leftover Bacon
Leftover cooked bacon can be refrigerated for up to 1 week in an airtight container or resealable bag. Bacon can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
Air Fryer Models
A few of our favorite air fryers we tested to cook bacon:
- Ninja Foodie Air Fryer
- Kalorik Air Fryer
- Power Air Fryer
- Philips Air Fryer
- NuWave Air Fryer
- Cuisinart Air Fryer
How to Reheat Leftover Bacon
To reheat precooked bacon, I put it on low in a skillet for Bacon and Eggs or you can simply use at room temperature in a salad.
More bacon recipes:
Make perfectly cooked bacon every time in your oven. This no-mess alternative to skillet fried bacon is a time and energy saver!
- 12 slices *bacon
Arrange bacon in a single layer in the air fryer basket, making sure not to overlap. You may need to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer/
Set the air fryer to 375F and cook for 5 minutes. Use tongs to flip the slices.
Cook again for another 4-6 minutes, depending on your preference.
Drain bacon grease between batches and use tongs to transfer bacon on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess grease. Bacon will crisp up as it cools.