Bacon Egg Muffins are easy to make and the perfect protein-packed healthy breakfast for on the go. Made with egs, spinach, mushrooms and bacon and come together in just 15 minutes. Whole30 compliant, low carb, keto and paleo friendly.
Eggs are a breakfast favorite at our house. Hard boiled eggs, baked eggs and of course, our infamous Breakfast Egg Muffins that were Pinterest’s 2019 top pinned recipe according to the Today Show and Cooking Light.
You can find all our favorite breakfast egg muffin recipes here:
- Broccoli and Cheddar
- Buffalo Chicken
- Ham and Cheese
- Jalapeno Popper
- Spinach and Cheese
- Sun-Dried Tomato and Spinach
- Tomato, Parmesan and Spinach
These Bacon Egg Muffins come together quickly and are full of protein and vitamins. Plus, they make a delicious make-ahead breakfast that you can quickly reheat on those busy mornings.
What I love about these Bacon Egg Cups is that they are the perfect bite-sized breakfast that you can grab on the go – sort of like portable mini frittatas. Plus, they are super versatile and perfect to keep on hand in your fridge or freezer throughout the week.
Bake a batch on your Sunday or Monday meal prep day, wrap them up and store them in the freezer. When you’re ready to serve, grab one of those single mini muffins (or two) and give it a quick reheat and you’re set to go!
And the best part? These Keto Bacon Egg Cups are full of protein and super easy to customize. They are naturally gluten free, paleo, low carb and Whole30 compliant.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO I NEED TO MAKE BACON EGG MUFFINS:
- cooked and crumbled Whole30 compliant bacon
- black pepper
- chopped mushrooms
- chopped spinach
HOW TO MAKE BACON EGG MUFFINS
- Start off by whisking together your eggs in a 4-cup measuring cup or a mixing bowl and seasoning them with salt, pepper and your favorite seasonings.
- Divide evenly among muffin cups (about 1/2 – 2/3 cups full) and add mushrooms, spinach and bacon.
- I like lining my muffin tin with these silicone liners since they are guaranteed to pop out easily without sticking. If you don’t have silicone liners, be sure to grease the muffin tins with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Pop these in the oven at 400 F and once cooled, you can store them in resealable bags or glass containers. Keep them in the fridge (or freezer) and every morning, heat one up in the microwave for 30-40 seconds. Breakfast is ready to go!
- With a batch of these tasty bacon and spinach egg muffins, you’ve got a healthy breakfast when you’re on the run each morning.
SOME HELPFUL TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST BACON EGG MUFFIN CUPS
- Grease or line your muffin pan with silicone liners for easy removal
- Fill each muffin cup about 1/2 – 2/3 full
- Use your favorite combo of vegetables or protein – be sure to chop them up into bite-sized pieces
Feel like switching things up? Here are 9 different Breakfast Egg Muffins you can make instead.
More easy breakfast options you might like:
- Quick Overnight Oats – 8 Ways
- Delcious Baked Egg Cups – 8 Ways
- Simple Instant Pot Steel cut Oatmeal
- Comforting Baked Oatmeal Cups – 8 Ways
- The Easiest No Bake Energy Bites – 12 Ways
- Scrambled Eggs
Bacon Egg Muffins are easy to make and the perfect protein-packed breakfast for on the go. They come together in just 15 minutes and are Whole30 compliant, low carb, keto and paleo friendly.
- 10 large eggs
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt , or to taste
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon black pepper , or to taste
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms (white button or cremini)
- 2 strips cooked and crumbled bacon (use Whole30 compliant brand as needed)
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a 12 count muffin pan with silicone liners or coat with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large 4 cup measuring cup or mixing bowl, crack in eggs and whisk together with salt and black pepper.
- Stir in spinach, mushrooms and bacon.
- Divide evenly into muffin tins filling each about 2/3 full. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until set.