Bacon Egg Muffins are easy to make and a protein-packed healthy breakfast idea. Made with eggs, spinach, mushrooms and bacon, they come together in just 15 minutes. Whole30 compliant, low carb, keto and paleo friendly.
Eggs are a breakfast favorite at our house. Hard boiled eggs, baked eggs and of course, our infamous Breakfast Egg Muffins that were Pinterest’s 2019 top pinned recipe according to the Today Show and Cooking Light.
WHAT ARE BREAKFAST EGG MUFFINS?
Egg muffins are scrambled eggs that you bake in muffin tins. They are sort of like portable mini frittatas that you can customize with various add-ins and toppings.
EGG MUFFIN VARIATIONS:
You can find all our favorite breakfast egg muffin recipes here:
- Bacon & Spinach Egg Muffins
- Broccoli and Cheddar Egg Muffins
- Buffalo Chicken
- Ham and Cheese
- Kimchi Egg Muffins
- Spinach and Cheese Egg Muffins
- Sun-Dried Tomato and Spinach Egg Muffins
- Healthy Egg Muffins with Tomato & Spinach
These Bacon Egg Muffins come together quickly and are full of protein and vitamins. Plus, they make a delicious make-ahead breakfast that you can quickly reheat on those busy mornings.
What I love about these Bacon Egg Cups is that they are the perfect bite-sized breakfast that you can grab on the go – sort of like portable mini frittatas. Plus, they are super versatile and perfect to keep on hand in your fridge or freezer throughout the week.
Bake a batch on your Sunday or Monday meal prep day, wrap them up and store them in the freezer. When you’re ready to serve, grab one of those single mini muffins (or two) and give it a quick reheat and you’re set to go!
And the best part? These Keto Bacon Egg Cups are full of protein and super easy to customize. They are naturally gluten free, paleo, low carb and Whole30 compliant.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
- cooked and crumbled Whole30 compliant bacon
- black pepper
- chopped mushrooms
- chopped spinach
HOW TO MAKE BACON EGG MUFFINS
- Start off by whisking together your eggs in a 4-cup measuring cup or a mixing bowl and seasoning them with salt, pepper and your favorite seasonings.
- Divide evenly among muffin cups (about 1/2 – 2/3 cups full) and add mushrooms, spinach and bacon.
- I like lining my muffin tin with these silicone liners since they are guaranteed to pop out easily without sticking. If you don’t have silicone liners, be sure to grease the muffin tins with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Pop these in the oven at 400 F and once cooled, you can store them in resealable bags or glass containers. Keep them in the fridge (or freezer) and every morning, heat one up in the microwave for 30-40 seconds. Breakfast is ready to go!
- With a batch of these tasty bacon and spinach egg muffins, you’ve got a healthy breakfast when you’re on the run each morning.
SOME HELPFUL TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST BACON EGG MUFFIN CUPS
- Grease or line your muffin pan with silicone liners for easy removal
- Fill each muffin cup about 1/2 – 2/3 full
- Use your favorite combo of vegetables or protein – be sure to chop them up into bite-sized pieces
Feel like switching things up? Here are 9 different Breakfast Egg Muffins you can make instead.
HOW TO STORE EGG MUFFINS:
For an easy breakfast meal prep recipe, make a batch of egg muffins and store them fridge in a large zip-lock bag or an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
CAN YOU FREEZE EGG MUFFINS?
Yes! If you’re wondering how to freeze egg muffins, you would place them in a large zip-lock freezer bag or an air-tight container. You can store egg cups in the freezer for up to 3 months.
HOW TO REHEAT EGG MUFFINS:
To reheat egg muffins in the morning, simply take an egg muffin from the fridge or freezer. Place on a plate and reheat in the microwave on high for about 30 seconds.
You can also reheat the egg muffins in the air fryer or your oven at 375 F for about 5 minutes.
More easy breakfast options you might like:
- Quick Overnight Oats – 8 Ways
- Delcious Baked Egg Cups – 8 Ways
- Simple Instant Pot Steel cut Oatmeal
- Comforting Baked Oatmeal Cups – 8 Ways
- The Easiest No Bake Energy Bites – 12 Ways
- Scrambled Eggs
Bacon Egg Muffins are easy to make and the perfect protein-packed breakfast for on the go. They come together in just 15 minutes and are Whole30 compliant, low carb, keto and paleo friendly.
- 10 large eggs
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt , or to taste
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon black pepper , or to taste
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms (white button or cremini)
- 2 strips cooked and crumbled bacon (use Whole30 compliant brand as needed)
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a 12 count muffin pan with silicone liners or coat with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large 4 cup measuring cup or mixing bowl, crack in eggs and whisk together with salt and black pepper.
- Stir in spinach, mushrooms and bacon.
- Divide evenly into muffin tins filling each about 2/3 full. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until set.